Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Machining costs ?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Yeah I've read quite a bit of discussion on here about newer camshafts compared to the older grinds and to be honest I'm really none the wiser. I have a fear of going too small , ie sounds too tame but also really don't want to over do it and loose performance/drivability because of it.

A long long time ago I bought a Heatseeker stage 3 cam for a 253 in a kingswood and it sounded fantastic and went about as good as anyone could expect in that poor little thing that got the crap flogged out of it over and over again . I know that's a useless piece of info but it was honestly the best cam I put in any V8 of mine or others back then.

Back on topic , if Crow got the camtech stuff, any ideas on what numbers/ models ?
Also what is the cost for a roller cam setup ?
If you google hyd vs roller cam you will see there is something on this forum that gives some of the costs of going roller cam. When I had my engine done I couldn't justify the increased cost Roller is certainly better but that's for you to decide.

The Camtech cam I choose was based on the information I got off this forum. I haven't looked but I believe Crow cams have integrated Camtech cams into their system.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If people believe google, camtech was bought by crow cams in 2020