Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Replacement Rocker Cover Bolt Sets

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais, VS Berlina & LX Torana
Chasing a full bolt set (including washers/seals) to suit the factory 304 rocker covers. Keen on brand new. I found an old post in the SHYGMH thread showing part numbers for ARP gear (and they do look awesome) - but I'm after a simpler/more factory solution.

Currently looking at ebay seller "holdspares" who advertise 2 sets - plain with no seals, or stainless with seals. I reckon the stainless set looks the goods.

Before I buy - should I be looking anywhere else? I was thinking of going to the local bolt shop - just not sure if they'd have appropriate seals?

ARP Option for 304 RC.JPG

Holdspares 304 RC Bolt Set 01.JPG

Holdspares 304 RC Bolt Set 02.JPG

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah agreed, I think the stainless set looks fantastic. Since I don't have anything as a starting point, I'll take a punt and give it a crack.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Chasing a full bolt set (including washers/seals) to suit the factory 304 rocker covers. Keen on brand new. I found an old post in the SHYGMH thread showing part numbers for ARP gear (and they do look awesome) - but I'm after a simpler/more factory solution.

Currently looking at ebay seller "holdspares" who advertise 2 sets - plain with no seals, or stainless with seals. I reckon the stainless set looks the goods.

Before I buy - should I be looking anywhere else? I was thinking of going to the local bolt shop - just not sure if they'd have appropriate seals?

View attachment 252566

View attachment 252567

View attachment 252568

Holdspares is doing a decent job of sourcing kits like this.
I begrudged some of their pricing & NOS hoarding, but the father & now son combo seem to be doing okay.
I will likely end up buying some things off them soon as well.

I would go the stainless with the seals.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Looks good, but those leads look a bit untidy. You need something like the picture below.
What's the gap in the front of the inlet manifold with the two tubes going back inside? Is that standard?

1689410375869.jpeg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Looks good, but those leads look a bit untidy. You need something like the picture below.
What's the gap in the front of the inlet manifold with the two tubes going back inside? Is that standard?

View attachment 254541
Yes manifold vacuum ports. From memory:
One to the map sensor (larger size) and the other smaller one is fuel reg.

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Correct - vacuum ports are:
1. Fuel pressure reg (small one on left) - FYI - I used 4mm ID vac hose;
2. MAP sensor (larger one on right) - FYI - I used 6.5mm ID vac hose

I'm still putting this thing back together, working it all out as I go. Previous owner had left a massive mess - lots of incomplete bits. Really enjoying the process of nutting it all out.

The spark plug leads are just loosely sitting there for the moment - haven't paid any attention to them yet. I have some nice looking separators that I need to play with. Probably won't use the factory lead brackets that attach to the rocker cover lower bolts, but not sure yet.

It'll be a shame to install all the heater hoses, as they look so messy!

Reactions: Lex

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Should have also mentioned - I got the stainless bolts for the fuel rails from holdspares too.