Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 304 stroked and supercharged

ethont

Reaction score
Members Ride
v8 vs bt1
hey guys just after any info anyone has on a similar setup to this.
Holden 5 Litre 10psi Vortech Kit
355 stroker kit and headwork to match( ported polished ect)
crow cam 4666, Camshaft: 226/232 duration @.050” .505”/.520” Lift, LCA-112 with matched fitting kit
pacemaker headers 1 5/8" Prim. 1 7/8" Sec. 2 1/2" Outlet
would it make a difference to replace the std intake manifold or would the supercharger provide enough flow to force the air thru. any feedback on faults in this setup would be helpfull thx

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
I don't have a setup similar to your's, but keen to hear power figures. How much compression are you running? Standard manifold I presume?

sam5l

australias driving future
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5L / vn spak buick powered
standard manifold will just choke it youll need a torque power or a come ttb manifold really just anything than standard but depends on where your trying to make the power rpm wise

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Im guessing the 10psi kit your talking about is the v2 QS not the T-trim. A 355 needs a fair amount of air and the SQ does start to run out of puff.. More boost will just give you higher intake temps and it starts to get a little dangerous, especially if your driving round adelaide in the middle of summer. Your better of with a bigger blower that flows more air for the same pressure. However, there r a few guys going round with v2s on their 355s. They 300rwkw with coolers. If your going with this blower, i think yor should run alloy heads with a higher comp ratio and run slightly lower boost levels. If your going to have headwork, go for a 1 3/4 primary forsure and go for 4 into 1s!! Darren difillipo rekons the vr/vs hsv 4 into1 headers flow better then any tri-y. How true this statement is im not sure. The standard manifold is fine as restrictions are different to an NA setup becoz the air if getting forced in.

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
Yeah I'm running standard manifold on a 355 with a V7 blower and its not as big a problem as a NA engine, mine is making 350rwkw or there abouts as is, with a come ttb it'll make more but I dont have 2k+ to throw around. My mate ran a SQ trim on his 355 making around 300rwkw with standard manifold and not intercooled either but I'd say that'd be the limit for that blower.

ethont

Reaction score
Members Ride
v8 vs bt1
ok guys thx for the replies a lot of good info there to take in. However another problem now exists after reading up on the Qld laws i can only have a 4.4 ltr forced engine so wont be able to SC my baby (unless someone knows a way around this problem). So does anyone know of a good mechanic in the SE Qld region that would be able to squeeze 300rwkw NA out of my 5lt (i want to keep matching no's) for about $6-8k thx.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
ok guys thx for the replies a lot of good info there to take in. However another problem now exists after reading up on the Qld laws i can only have a 4.4 ltr forced engine so wont be able to SC my baby (unless someone knows a way around this problem). So does anyone know of a good mechanic in the SE Qld region that would be able to squeeze 300rwkw NA out of my 5lt (i want to keep matching no's) for about $6-8k thx.

300rwkw NA 5L for 8k? no way :p

Last edited:

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
However another problem now exists after reading up on the Qld laws i can only have a 4.4 ltr forced engine so wont be able to SC my baby (unless someone knows a way around this problem).

are u 100% sure of that? i only ask because only a few months ago i was enquiring about a vortech for my vs. the mob i spoke with said they could install, tune and mod plate mine no worries

ethont

Reaction score
Members Ride
v8 vs bt1
lol yeah i thought that would be the case oh well may have to save some more (how much is the new vette engine now lol)
Hey dirt drifter where abouts in qld are ya cause if i can do it i will
yeah dont want a hand grenade engine for sure was looking at about 13k for the SC setup complete including string to 355 covertly lol using come parts and vortec sc but heard may have flow prolems up higer rpm so was looking at a decent top mount