Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 VK Calais

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Howdy everyone, just asking for peoples opinions and knowledge on the subject:

I have the oppurtunity to pick up a VK Calais with the following:
*Fuel injected 304 out of VP with VN SV5000 bottom end
*Manualised TH350 auto with B&M Quicksilver shifter
*VL Turbo LSD
*2.5" catback
*Relocated battery in boot

Its had 1000s spent on it, has alarm, new shockers, springs, and bushes all round, goodish interior, pretty good exterior, new harmonic balancer, intake gaskets, sump gasket and a few other seals.

Does however have some rust in spots, around the rear windscreen and a few other spots, doesn't look too bad, no aircon, shotty paint up front (can only notice when standing within a metre), the speedo seems a fair bit outta whack, the tacho cuts out at high revs, and its leaking oil from somewhere (havent sussed it out).

Mate wants $5,000 ono, can prolly pick it up 4.5, 4. Just wonderin wether people think its worth it? I

Its got problems like i mentioned, but i thought its reasonably well priced for the work its had done (the trans itself has had sumthin like 3-4 thou spent on it alone). Its not known all work thats been done to it, but it goes like a bloody shower of ****!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Howdy everyone, just asking for peoples opinions and knowledge on the subject:

I have the oppurtunity to pick up a VK Calais with the following:
*Fuel injected 304 out of VP with VN SV5000 bottom end
*Manualised TH350 auto with B&M Quicksilver shifter
*VL Turbo LSD
*2.5" catback
*Relocated battery in boot

Its had 1000s spent on it, has alarm, new shockers, springs, and bushes all round, goodish interior, pretty good exterior, new harmonic balancer, intake gaskets, sump gasket and a few other seals.

Does however have some rust in spots, around the rear windscreen and a few other spots, doesn't look too bad, no aircon, shotty paint up front (can only notice when standing within a metre), the speedo seems a fair bit outta whack, the tacho cuts out at high revs, and its leaking oil from somewhere (havent sussed it out).

Mate wants $5,000 ono, can prolly pick it up 4.5, 4. Just wonderin wether people think its worth it? I

Its got problems like i mentioned, but i thought its reasonably well priced for the work its had done (the trans itself has had sumthin like 3-4 thou spent on it alone). Its not known all work thats been done to it, but it goes like a bloody shower of ****!

Sounds like somebodies half-arsed project that they want to be rid of to me. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself. VK's with a nice body are starting to get hard to find but by no means impossible. Thats where I'd start.

Reaper

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Cheers mate for the feed back, yeah the bodys top notch 'cept for the rust, only surface rust, but being round the windscreen is a pain in the arse. Is bit of a project really, spoke to the bloke then reckons he'll flog it off for 3,500.

ssberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SLE track car, 10 sec VU Ute
Having spent many times that on my VC I can tell you the parts alone would be worth it. Just my $0.02c