Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 with blower finally tuned only 210rwkw

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Is the fuel pressure reg standard? (Do blown apps need a rising rate?)
How old is the bottom end? Excessive blow by maybe?

Winter drags start up soon. Might be time to see what the black top dyno gives you (mph wise)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i have kalmaker if you want to suck the tune out and send a log or two i can have a look for you.if its backfiring out the exhaust it can make the valvetrain noisy from he impact on the exhaust valves

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
i have kalmaker if you want to suck the tune out and send a log or two i can have a look for you.if its backfiring out the exhaust it can make the valvetrain noisy from he impact on the exhaust valves

Thanks alot in on to it now getting the required hardware and software

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
Bit of a update, on this, finally annoyed me enough to start looking again along with low hot idle oil pressure. So after a second oil pump and no joy. I have pulled the engine out of the car. I removed the front timing cover and removed the timing chain, and loosened the rocker gear and spun the cam and oil pump over with a drill And found huge amounts of oil gushing out the front of the oil pump drive bush and the cam retaining bolt, on closer inspection someone has drilled out the hole in the bolt!.
In the process now of fixing these issues now.
So I'm thinking that with the lifter bleed hole being enlarged, with the engine hot, low oil pressure, and my misfire at high rpm dur to the lifters collapsing with low oil pressure in the gallery.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
How odd. normally people weld that up and then drill a small hole in the side of the bolt aimed at the oil pump drive gear and then block off the timing chain oil squirter as modern roller chains don't need copious amounts of oil to survive.

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
Yes it is weird don't know why it would have been done either but it has caused me a few issues that's for sure!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
I just weld the bolt shut don't bother with any holes as enough gets splashed around and squirts out the front cam bearing

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
I just weld the bolt shut don't bother with any holes as enough gets splashed around and squirts out the front cam bearing

Yip I think that's the plan thanks Delco, was also thinking of reducing the size of the lower squirter to has anyone else tried this?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Can also use centre punch to close that bolt hole & most crush/bend squirter while there.

Be a good time to find tk's oil pump mods or have look on youtube 'griffs rearmount turbo'

blown vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vl v8
Yes I have done the oil pump mod too mate, I am thinking that's a good idea to remove and plug the lower squirter or at least half its oil flow