Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

308 Cam settings

Prime8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Hey guys,

Just wondering what the correct timing mark positions are for a standard cammed 308? I have had confilicting information from books and web sites and have found that my current settings have led to poor power results.

It looks like there should be 9 links between the top and bottom marks and that the top mark should be at 2 O'Clock and the bottom at 3 O'clock. Could you confirm or deny this?

Here is a list of the mods to my car so far. A couple of other questions here if anyone has an answer? :)

L34 Heads
De-shrouded Valves
Heavily Ported Heads
VN 5 Litre Conrods
Hypertechtic Flat-top pistons
compression ratio estimation between 10:1 - 10:5
Cam 244 @ .050 Solid
Yella Terra Roller Rockers
Edelbrock Performer Manifold (match ported)
Rochester Carby
Holly Blue Fuel Pump and regulator (6 PSI Fuel pressure)
Twin 2.5 Exhaust System dumped before diff with extractors (no balance pipe)
308 Diff Gears
Turbo 350 Stage 3 Shift kit (standard stall converter) Should I have a higher converter than this???

So thats the car at the moment. Haven't been able to get the beast to the Dyno yet. If anyone has seen a similar setup go on the rollers, please let me know what kind of horse power i'm going to be likely to get.

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
it may well drive ok with that converter but ur holding it back.get a custom built stall and notice the difference.

balance pipe is really good idea fo twin system.sound **** without them for starters.yes 9 links apart is stock but getting cam degreed in is the best way.