Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

328rwkw VE SS UTE

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hey Daz, I watched several of your videos today on youtube. I am in Cairns as well and are tossing up between SVS and Class services. I already have 3 inch exhaust and a Cold air induction. Did your package above include headers and extractors?
Haven't seen your ute up here recently.

If I was going to do it again, I would head to Townsville and see Mike at KTMR, he does a great job, if you've only got a catback, then you'll need headers and cats, what catback have you got? I would look at 1 3/4" unless you're going to go supercharged or stroke the engine, then you'd want 1 7/8", The 2 better OTR's are VCM and Duspeed, I have a VCM unit while Forbz and Bob have the Duspeed.

I haven't been home for a month, but coming down to cairns today for a couple of things

RedhotThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE Thunder Sv6
KTMR aye? Most guys I talk to bout v8 mods for VE rate TMS. I have no personally experience, but was just curious why you rate KTMR? Thanks bud.

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
KTMR aye? Most guys I talk to bout v8 mods for VE rate TMS. I have no personally experience, but was just curious why you rate KTMR? Thanks bud.

I have spoken to Mike a heao of times, a mate of mine took his there for a new cam, check over and a tune, he came out with the biggest smile on his face, great service and top job, I also know people who go to TMS, and they're happy as too, nothing against either workshop, when you have word of mouth of a good shop, then you know it is good.

I would take my ute to either if required, it was only my opinion to go KTMR, but nothing wrong with TMS either, they've had some great cars come out of there too, but out of Cairns and Townsville, I would go to Townsville and take it to either of them.

Earwig

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator
Hey Daz, nice ute. Have you had to beef up diff or clutch or are they handling power ok?

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hey Daz, nice ute. Have you had to beef up diff or clutch or are they handling power ok?

I upgraded the diff and clutch, the diff probably didn't need it, the stock LSD can handle a fair bit, I just wanted a Truetrac. But the stock clutch is crap and needs to be upgraded