Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

337kw VZ Alloytec - Turbo/E85

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
hey bud this is sweet

ive been half thinking about this on my vz ute rather then going down the get a v8 route like everyone else, ive also emailed pro flow about their kit

just a couple questions, does the cpr6 really make that much of a difference with the turbo?

and what would it be like running it on 98 octane? obviosuly not as high of a power figure but a little easier fuel for me to buy and what sprta power could they get up to on that?

another thing bothering me is that my engine has just ticked 110000 and im worried doing this will either dramatically shorten the engine life more or it just wont be worth it for the life of the engine?

and what sort of exhaust do you have?

sorry to annoy with all the questions but again a very sweet result for the alloytec, im glad someone is having a crack at turbo on them :)

Bryce_82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I heard the cpr6 is bad for forced induction

Sorry to revive a very dead thread, but how exactly can a better flowing inlet manifold be worse for a boosted application?
That's exactly what you want when you add forced induction, better flow..

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
Lol nice first post :) u would think a cpr6 is good for FI and if he is pushing over 330RWKW with one and a aftermarket Ecu, turbo + E85 the results seem to speak for them selfs here, I'd like to know around how much did it all cost to be making that power from a 175 alloytec and also if its lasted, since no1 has asked lol

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hey Mate... thats jst awesome, May i know how much u spend and are u using intercooler ???

Upload some pics dude :)

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
The reason I heard its not very good is because it was tested with and without a cpr6 on a raptor charged sv6 a few years ago. The small gains made offset the price. Less restriction does not equate to larger volume, hence why turbo cars have small primary pipes to the turbo, to increase velocity. More volume means the charger has to fill that space instead of filling the combustion chamber. Example, if you are filling up 2 tyres, one is a large volume 4x4 tyre, the other a small passenger car tyre half the volume, using the same air compressor, which will fill to 40psi quicker?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
The reason I heard its not very good is because it was tested with and without a cpr6 on a raptor charged sv6 a few years ago. The small gains made offset the price. Less restriction does not equate to larger volume, hence why turbo cars have small primary pipes to the turbo, to increase velocity. More volume means the charger has to fill that space instead of filling the combustion chamber. Example, if you are filling up 2 tyres, one is a large volume 4x4 tyre, the other a small passenger car tyre half the volume, using the same air compressor, which will fill to 40psi quicker?

Also, the CPR6 is only an improvement at very high rpms. Depending on how its setup, it may actually hinder performance by increasing the turbo lag.