Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

350 chev or 308

vk383

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk383
buy a stroker off pavtek or come racing or someone like that built properly to your budget and get it freighted over.crazy to chev it when you dont have to.as said in a hq it is then a difficult choice but in a vk there is no choice in my opinion.it can be done but why bother when you can get same sorta power without the hassles.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk executive. vr executive
vk383 said:
buy a stroker off pavtek or come racing or someone like that built properly to your budget and get it freighted over.crazy to chev it when you dont have to.as said in a hq it is then a difficult choice but in a vk there is no choice in my opinion.it can be done but why bother when you can get same sorta power without the hassles.

sounds good just wating on prices for some engines as a mate of a mate imports motors from the usa and can get them dirt cheap as in hundreds :w00t:

webers4x48

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 VB SL\E
im wanting a carbed not injected and wood profer old school.
if u want old school, go a 308-355 stroker with quad webers. i've got a 308 with quad webers and absolutely love em. its old school but it looks cool and done the right way u can make decent power. i love the 350 idea but theres alot of headaches involved. in my mind not worth it.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
webers4x48 said:
if u want old school, go a 308-355 stroker with quad webers. i've got a 308 with quad webers and absolutely love em. its old school but it looks cool and done the right way u can make decent power. i love the 350 idea but theres alot of headaches involved. in my mind not worth it.

yes quad carbs would look good was looking at a triple carb for the 202
and was wonding how much the stroker was?:yeah:

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
darkstar said:
guess you the only one that dont know what i ment but a radiater that anit driven directly off the engine just off the battary so the engine doesnt have to work as hard to get the same power
:hit:

lol mate, you're talking about an electric water pump, the radiator is that big rectangle thing at the front of your car... lol, power benefits from not having a belt driven water pump are minimal..

webers4x48

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 VB SL\E
yes quad carbs would look good was looking at a triple carb for the 202
and was wonding how much the stroker was?

it all depends on which way u wated to go about it. im from vic, aus. n i did a bit of research into stroker kits for my 308. there r several companies that do em eg. Prostroke, c.o.m.e, etc. but they all use different parts for eg. one company might use billet cranks where another might use a "cut n shut" chev 350 cranks. different conrods, pistons etc. it all depends on how much u wanna spend n how much hp u want.

over here
Harrop billet crank = $1000 approx
Forged pistons = $1500 approx
Conrods = $800 approx
these r just approximates but there's parts(bearings, rings, etc.), machining, balancing n assembly on top of that. dont expect too much change out of $10,000 just to give u a ball park figure.

the best advise i can give is its not only what u know its who u know.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
webers4x48 said:
it all depends on which way u wated to go about it. im from vic, aus. n i did a bit of research into stroker kits for my 308. there r several companies that do em eg. Prostroke, c.o.m.e, etc. but they all use different parts for eg. one company might use billet cranks where another might use a "cut n shut" chev 350 cranks. different conrods, pistons etc. it all depends on how much u wanna spend n how much hp u want.

over here
Harrop billet crank = $1000 approx
Forged pistons = $1500 approx
Conrods = $800 approx
these r just approximates but there's parts(bearings, rings, etc.), machining, balancing n assembly on top of that. dont expect too much change out of $10,000 just to give u a ball park figure.

the best advise i can give is its not only what u know its who u know.
my point why should i spend $10000 on a stroker if i can get that out of a 350:w00t:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
All i can say is, try and put the 350 in, then tell us the headache it was. Its simpliy easier to throw in a 308/304 into the VK.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/ENUT said:
All i can say is, try and put the 350 in, then tell us the headache it was. Its simpliy easier to throw in a 308/304 into the VK.

yer i know many ppl tell me the same thing i was told today even keeping the 202 and puting a yellow terra head on and a 350 holley would give me all the power ill need
:thumbsup:

PirateJoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute, YZF-R6
vh sl/x said:
and u could always stick the efi top onto ur 308 shortblock for better fuel efficency.

atleast i think u can do that. someone correct me if im wrong.

cheers
rohan

good idea though its a little more involved. Need to fit high pressure fuel pump for efi all the wiring and ecu's etc-everything. Not to mention it wont fit on 308 heads. need vn heads for that conversion, but u can keep the bottom end, just build it strong enough.