Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

350 holly

oxmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl rb30
hi all just wondering if anyone knows what sort of adapter i need to put a 350 on my vk 202 black motor?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Varijet to holley adapter :)
Redline make the adapters, jsut go to repco or the like and they will have a redline parts book.
Redline also make an holley manifold to suit the 202 aswell.

Honestly I recon your wasting your time with a Holley, they are a race carby, they will pump a **** load of fuel into your engine and thats about it. The 34ADM Weber is a much better carb, as it is a progressive carb, meaning it has one set of jets being used when driving around, and has the secondaries open up when you give it a boot full, still giving you plenty of power at your foot, but good fuel economy to. For a street car I would be sticking to either a varijet or a Weber.
The only reason I mention the varijet is that they are already fitted so a simple reco, or professionly reconditioned one will give you some power back. The weber is by far the best if your going to bother to change a carby, and is easier to tune then the holley and you will get better results as you wont get any flat spots as you do with thr holley as its just pumping petrol in.
Sorry that became long, time for bed me thinks.

oxmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl rb30

thanks for that imfo but i was justing going to change it over to a holly cause the carbi i got on it now floads i had put a kit through it but it still happens as i have had a 202 red with a 350 on it and it ran good and thats the first thing that popped in my head to change it to.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
the varijet carby is far superior for a daily driver and will be kinder on fuel too, check on ebay for a reconditioned varijet they are around $140 with a warranty.
Plus the 350 holley has nothing for any of the emmisions gear that you need to run.

I had 350 holley/redline intake/scorcher ignition on my uc torrie (1979) red 202 and it was wicked until i got done for an epa. apparently i heard the pre 1976 cars you can run anything you like lol

oxmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl rb30
do you know of any sites that i can get step by step with pics on the inside of a varijet mainly the floats?

202injected

Quality Engine Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec. 3.6
if you buy a carby kit, the kit usually comes with an eploded veiw of the carby, i cant remeber which one but either the gregorys or ellorys shop manuls had a breakdown in them too and how to set them.
I will go and did them up out of the garage and have a look and let you know, i might be able to scan them and send them over to you, or post em on the forum

another thought, the down draught weber off an xd/xe ford can and has been used with great success, just need to be jetted down a little, but it has all the pollution ports you need as these cars have the same emmisions compliance

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
another thought, the down draught weber off an xd/xe ford can and has been used with great success, just need to be jetted down a little, but it has all the pollution ports you need as these cars have the same emmisions compliance

That would be the 34ADM and its off the XE/XF Falcons, and no need to jet down, but I guess there MAY be benefits in doing so.

202injected

Quality Engine Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec. 3.6
That would be the 34ADM and its off the XE/XF Falcons, and no need to jet down, but I guess there MAY be benefits in doing so.

yeh thats the one, i couldn't think of the model number
you dont need to jet them down, but a size smaller will make it a little better on juice, and make more power due to better air/fuel ratio. on the other hand if you massage the head a little, and throw in a cam they are just perject for a mild 202

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
I had a quick read of the op and all i have to say is a 350 holley is too big for a 202, go a 320 if anything.

Plus holley is ****, stick with the varajet and get it tuned with the proper tool.