Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

350 km outa full tank vs v6 ?

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
hey guys i drive like a granny around town and only ever get 350 km outa a full tank car is serviced regulary about the only things i havent changed is the spark plug leads and the injectors have never been cleaned car seems to drive ok with a very slight rough idle only very slight but 1 thing my odometer ticks over i mean as your driving the km dont go around smooth on the speedo the little numbers tick around if u can understand that maybe they arent showing my true km s travelled any ideas ? cheers muzza

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Usually when the gears strip in the speedo they may jump a bit at first but then finish kaput. My wife is a granny and if you drive like she does then you should be getting 200km out of a tank!.

5 speed VR

Green Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Exc 5 spd
you might find the O2 sensor is kaputi really dont know , im just guessing because of the rough idel , sounds like fuel is nearly pouring through the motor

nado69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
mine gets around 350 k's outa a tank but i allways fill up just before the pettie light comes on (so prolly 400)... and my car also does idle a little rough. but besides that, she fangs.

5 speed VR

Green Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Exc 5 spd
friends VS gets 500 around town and 650-700 on the highway

pity it has problems though

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
My VS has been checked by numerous mechanics and family friends and all said it is A1 and i get about 250Km per full tank.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
500? wow. what level is the car?

my exec would to about 400 or so if your nice 300 if youre going for gold.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Full service is always the best place to start. Oil and filters, fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter, coolant and all the rest of it. If you dont get an improvement from there, pull out the gregorys and go through the list in there for improving economy. Things like O2 sensors can make a difference, but doing a service is the cheapest and easiest place to start. O2 sensors come after the service.

Q

QLD Calais

Could also be injectors. My brothers R32 had the same issue.. like 250 out of a tank.. Got new injecters, spark plugs, Spark plug leads.. And Bamo. 350-400 easy.