Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

36 month 60K Service

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Series 2 SSV Redline W375 2016 FGX XR6 T
Hi Guys,
I am due my 36 month service for my 2015 SSV Redline and according to the service book am only scheduled for replacement Engine Oil & Filter with some inspections. Any additional items that other owners recommend or found of assistance?

Cheers
Paul

Leon771

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
At 60k our tyres, rotors and pads all needed replacing on a MY17 SSVR Sportwagon.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
How many km’s have you done?

My SSV just went in for its 75k/ 48month service with 35km on the clock and all that was needed was new wheels which I knew about.

Being 4 odd years old maybe brake and radiator fluid but I think Holden do that as the 90k.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Series 2 SSV Redline W375 2016 FGX XR6 T
I have 34,000 km on the odometer.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I just did my 36month at 27k. Rotors are supposedly 20% worn. Potenza are ok I'd guess half worn. Damn mechanic didnt sign the logbook though after booking it in for warranty logbook service.:mad: warranty runs out next month but is it still good to have that history there just in case?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Yes, I suspect it’s worthwhile, I had new heads & pistons paid-for by Subaru Oz outside of warranty because the car had been serviced to the book, doubt they’d have come to the party if the car’d not been serviced to (or exceeding) the book.

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I just did my 36month at 27k. Rotors are supposedly 20% worn. Potenza are ok I'd guess half worn. Damn mechanic didnt sign the logbook though after booking it in for warranty logbook service.:mad: warranty runs out next month but is it still good to have that history there just in case?

I've arrived home a couple of times over the years to find the logbook not signed and once when I forgot to leave the book in the car.

Just take it back and they'll sign off on it, in the age of computers it doesn't really matter how long ago it was as they should still have a record of the service on file.

That way your book is up to date and complete.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
^ Yes, I suspect it’s worthwhile, I had new heads & pistons paid-for by Subaru Oz outside of warranty because the car had been serviced to the book, doubt they’d have come to the party if the car’d not been serviced to (or exceeding) the book.

Was it a 2.5 litre Sube engine?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Was it a 2.5 litre Sube engine?
No, RS Liberty, precursor to WRX, 2L DOHC turbo ... they had undersized head oil-galleries.