Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

360-degree camera

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
I noticed that in the build sheet for the ZB, it says 360 degree camera:

360-degree camera – Commodore’s 360-degree camera lets drivers see from every angle reducing the risk of incurring any wheel damage in tight parking situations or during general vehicle manoeuvring. The 360 vision is delivered via four separate cameras building a composite picture of the landscape in which the vehicle sits - rear view camera, a front camera and a camera under each wing mirror

My RS V6 AWD doesn't have this, does anyone else?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I noticed that in the build sheet for the ZB, it says...
The build sheet is used during manufacture and specifies the Regular Production Option codes (RPO codes) that should be fitted to a vehicle. As such the build sheet is specific to each vehicle and will include any customer specific options seleceted when the vehicle was ordered.

For example, i think A45 is the RPO code for the "enhanced memory personalisation" for the power seat and power mirors but not sure what the RPO code is for 360 degree camera function....

Noramlly the build sheet is tossed when the vehicle goes through its dealer delivery (if not before). These build sheets can't be reproduced after the fact by Holden as the data within the manufacturing system that produces the build sheet gets periodically purged (from what i understand).

What you seem to be referencing may be the sales brochure vehicle variants verses option chart and confusing it for the build sheet. The sales brochure will never list RPO codes unless they have become well known like codes of the likes of LS3 or ZR1 and such...

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Ive got it in my calais V Tourer, Ive got no idea how it works, but its great when trying to park between lines. It kicks in when you hit reverse, but it stays on while youre under a certain speed going forward.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Ive got it in my calais V Tourer, Ive got no idea how it works, but its great when trying to park between lines. It kicks in when you hit reverse, but it stays on while youre under a certain speed going forward.

Camera at each end plus one under each door mirror. Then some software to stitch the wonky angles into a single overhead picture.
Tech has been around along time, but camera quality has got better as components have got cheaper.

I agree, it makes parking a doddle.

next stage is no door mirrors, like on the Honda E
Downsides are still the change in the eyes focus depth required, and poor low and bright light images

honda-e-dashboard-2.jpg

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
It's also kinda scary when you are trying to maneuver into a car wash with the wing mirrors folded because the software can't cope so the resulting image is very wonky.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Camera at each end plus one under each door mirror. Then some software to stitch the wonky angles into a single overhead picture.
Tech has been around along time, but camera quality has got better as components have got cheaper.

I agree, it makes parking a doddle.

next stage is no door mirrors, like on the Honda E
Downsides are still the change in the eyes focus depth required, and poor low and bright light images

honda-e-dashboard-2.jpg
I love the Honda E. A huge nod to the styling of the ‘74/75 Honda Civic. Wood grain on the dash and the styling of the interior is a modern take on the old design. Exterior is a modern spin on the S600 and early Civic. Big fan of E.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I love the Honda E. A huge nod to the styling of the ‘74/75 Honda Civic. Wood grain on the dash and the styling of the interior is a modern take on the old design. Exterior is a modern spin on the S600 and early Civic. Big fan of E.

Yep, if I was in the market for a e-car, I'd definitely lean towards one. Range is a bit poor I think though.

My wife hates the wood interior though

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, if I was in the market for a e-car, I'd definitely lean towards one. Range is a bit poor I think though.

My wife hates the wood interior though
Now you know why it’s there.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
1619739279040.jpeg

A 75 Honda (I think, ours had a nicer steering wheel)
Can do a full lap of the M25 around London on one charge. (Only just)