Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

383ci single turbo or twin turbo??

A

adictd

Hay guys, just joined this site as I'm building a Holden and need some advice.

I’m going for heaps of power.

Have a 304 and going to put the 383 crank in it. And doing everything else from fuel system, pistons, head work, gear box, stally and heaps more.

Now im not sure which way to go, as i have never dealt with these setups befor.

-Blower
-turbo
-twin turbo

Any points, tips or recommendations would be great. And some pics if anyone has got them.

Cheers

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
A blower will be expensive with a 383 because your going to need something that can flow the large volume of air. for something like a v7 with full fuel system management and installation, your looking at 15000. However youll be looking at 600rwhp++. Ull have awesome low down torque with the stroker so you should consider a large single turbo. Eze10s performance do a decent stage 2 kit. Failing that. As i talk Dan355, give Brad from Enhanced Automotive! He is a gun with custom single and twin turbo kits.

A

adictd

A blower will be expensive with a 383 because your going to need something that can flow the large volume of air. for something like a v7 with full fuel system management and installation, your looking at 15000. However youll be looking at 600rwhp++. Ull have awesome low down torque with the stroker so you should consider a large single turbo. Eze10s performance do a decent stage 2 kit. Failing that. As i talk Dan355, give Brad from Enhanced Automotive! He is a gun with custom single and twin turbo kits.

Good to know mate, do you know where i can get a "list" of rules and regulations on mods that can make your car devective to the cops, and also what needs to be engineered and not?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The ezy10's system will be no good on a 383, huffer is too small.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Do you really need to go 383? Going 383 will automatically reduce your options with piston choice, will be hard to track down pistons for a low comp 383 for FI. A cheaper option would be a well built 355 for FI. Dont cringe at "cheap" will still cost plenty and have a ****load power.
In regards to engineering; the requirements differ from state to state. Id say youd need a huge wad of cash to make it completely legal, if possible. For legalities sake it would be alot easier getting a S/C engineered.
Its a good idea but as a street car let alone a legal one would be a huge task.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Just go with the cubes that way you can hide it.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Do you really need to go 383? Going 383 will automatically reduce your options with piston choice, will be hard to track down pistons for a low comp 383 for FI. A cheaper option would be a well built 355 for FI. Dont cringe at "cheap" will still cost plenty and have a ****load power.
In regards to engineering; the requirements differ from state to state. Id say youd need a huge wad of cash to make it completely legal, if possible. For legalities sake it would be alot easier getting a S/C engineered.
How is a S/C easier? Turbo produces less emissions.

A

adictd

The first plan was a 427, but after talking to my mechanic the 383 was a better choice, he also suggested the 355 option but im going for big ci with big power. I have a mate in melbourne who done the turbo 355 and made great power and is close to what i want but im still keen on big ci. This project wont be a daily driver (when its finished.... 2023 maybe) it going to be a weeknd cruiser/show car.