Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3g iphone

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I love my N95 camera, I dont have to have a camera as well as my phone, I forget my camera heaps. I print the photos regularly from my phone, so I really appreciate the high quailty camera. 5MP is not wank factor for me. Its one of the reasons I bought it.

So you print on a3 always or....??

You do realise that no matter how big the mp on a phone it's always going to be about as good as a 100 dollar camera.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I love my N95 camera, I dont have to have a camera as well as my phone, I forget my camera heaps. I print the photos regularly from my phone, so I really appreciate the high quailty camera. 5MP is not wank factor for me. Its one of the reasons I bought it.

LOL!!! There is NO WAY any digital camera in any mobile phone can be considered "High Quality". Its not possible because the sensors physically arent big enough.

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Only problem is that it's Vodafone, so I'll need to get it unlocked so I can use NextG. Does anyone know if there is any carrier "home screen" preloaded onto it, which would remain after it was unlocked?

I am in the process of doing the same thing. Bought one with Vodafone and am waiting for them to unlock it before I go on a Next G cap plan with Telstra. I got an SMS from Vodafone saying that they won't be able to unlock iPhones until 23 July. There is no Vodafone crap on the home screen or at startup...

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
I am in the process of doing the same thing. Bought one with Vodafone and am waiting for them to unlock it before I go on a Next G cap plan with Telstra. I got an SMS from Vodafone saying that they won't be able to unlock iPhones until 23 July. There is no Vodafone crap on the home screen or at startup...

I just ended up buying mine outright from the Telstra shop - they had stock after all. No need to unlock.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
So you print on a3 always or....??

You do realise that no matter how big the mp on a phone it's always going to be about as good as a 100 dollar camera.

LOL!!! There is NO WAY any digital camera in any mobile phone can be considered "High Quality". Its not possible because the sensors physically arent big enough.

yeh ive got the n95 also... the camera is ok yeh its 5mb but its still not the greatest as ppl hav said.... deffiently dosent beat my sony camera

Maybe I need to clarify, Im not saying that you should have a phone INSTEAD of a camera, or that it replaces a camera & Im talking 'high quality' if we are comparing to other camera phones in the market. My point was more that not all features are 'wank' factor.

Its about what features YOU need/want in a phone.
I want a good camera. I realise it will never be as good as what I can get from an actual camera. But it does what I need.
I want MP3 player, again I COULD have got an iPod etc.
I want internet browsing, again I could use a laptop or a PDA.

BUT if I can get these features in one package, then I will bloody well do it.

Thats what it comes down to.

I spend alot of time discussing what my customers what to DO with their phones, rather than whats the newest MUST have namebrand phone out there.

So for some people they just want to make calls, they have a digital camera, a laptop & a MP3 player all seperate & thats what works for THEM.

Im not saying you have to like my OPINION on this.

Oh & I know its not THE best camera on a phone available atm. Yes Im aware that 8MP are aval.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I just ended up buying mine outright from the Telstra shop - they had stock after all. No need to unlock.

Have you got a data plan alongside your cap?

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
No idea - company SIM - data provided.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
No idea - company SIM - data provided.

I want to do the same thing...

Company SIM (data provided) but I own the iphone. Tell me, if you don't mind, how much for the iPhone outright from Telstra? And any Telstra bloatware on it?