Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4.00am madness

metalfossil

Reaction score
This was my fault but I was tired and a bit lazy, but talk about an over reaction. I was doing the 4.00am start at work and had to get up at 2.30am. I never ever get enough sleep on this shift.

Anyway to get to the story. I past a semi on the Western Ring Rd in Melbourne, and didn't give him much thought until I'd gone on to the Tulla and taken the Bell St turn off. If you know this road, you will realise that the right lane becomes the left lane as you drive up the hill.

I was knocking my cruise back to 80kph, when I viewed this semi in my mirror. he was coming up fast and I guess I panicked and braked causing him to brake heavily. I should've gone into the left lane, and this would've been the end of the story, but I was tired and just bloody lazy.

I drove up the hill and needed to get into the right lane to turn into Moreland Rd. The semi was way back, but as soon as I drove into the right lane he came speeding up behind me and went into the left lane. He then proceeded to merge into my lane and started to force me across into the oncoming lanes. He then drove his semi right across the road and commenced stopping. I was bloody scared by this time, but luckily enough I was able to turn right into one of the side streets.

No excuses here, I was plain lazy, but talk about over kill on the semi driver's part.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
i dont understand anything here..........

there is a semi and you are lazy and.........

im lost, but so bored i posted, enlighten me some more pls.

metalfossil

Reaction score
i dont understand anything here..........

there is a semi and you are lazy and.........

im lost, but so bored i posted, enlighten me some more pls.

Normally, I would've moved into the left lane (overtaking lane in Oz is right lane) when I saw this truck, but it was early and I wasn't paying attention; hardly any traffic at 3.45am. He surprised the crap out of me and I panicked. I'm guessing this semi driver thought I was playing games with him and he decided to extract some revenge by trying to run me off the road.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
oh i get it now. He was prob speeding up to get over the hill without losing all his speed.
but yes you shoulda been in the other lane. Here the trucks are 80km speed limited and when on autobahn it is dangerous as they overtake each other while other traffic can be coming at 200kph. You really have to be alert here while passing.

By the way im an Aussie and have been here for 1 yr in Germany.

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
hahaahha thats crazy man would of been scary:cry:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You dont need to be in any lane, the truck needs to wait. Once you are on a ramp etc the speed limit goes to 80 km/h. The law states at this stage you do not need to keep left.

If i were you i would of got the idiots plates and company and called them, we don't need more ******** truck drivers like that on our roads.

metalfossil

Reaction score
hahaahha thats crazy man would of been scary:cry:

Bloody scary! especially when I realized he was stopping. There was set of lights before this, and I was hoping like hell that they wouldn't change....:rip:

metalfossil

Reaction score
You dont need to be in any lane, the truck needs to wait. Once you are on a ramp etc the speed limit goes to 80 km/h. The law states at this stage you do not need to keep left.

If i were you i would of got the idiots plates and company and called them, we don't need more ******** truck drivers like that on our roads.

Thanks for your info and support Minux, appreciated. I was unable to get any info: licence plate covered in gunk and no signs of owner on the truck.

I work alternating both ends of the clock, and sometimes it's like Russian Roulette out there at that time of the morning. With trucks and cars!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
scary. glad you came out alright. I guess similar thing for the truckies, it's dangerous, but being over tired and reacting like they are the sole owner of the road. I've seen it a couple of times and once wondered how wasn't killed (put in the weeds by a Ryans B double).

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Someone is racing up your backside quickly, and your first reaction is to brake?