Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4-pot or 6-pot brake upgrade for street use?

Khabel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I'm wanting to upgrade the brakes on my VE-SSV and am trying to decide if 4-pot or 6-pot is the way to go for the fronts for purely street use?

From what I've read the 4-pot are a straight swap while the 6-pot requires some modification if I'm using CTS-V calipers

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Street use only, go the 4 pot. They will perform extremely well and are not as expensive to install or maintain.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had 4 pots all round on my old car, and the 6/4 combo now. Stops 100% better. But yea overkill for the street for sure, my car most likely will never see a race track. More for the looks/wank factor, not many people have them on a non HSV car.

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
My Redline with 4 pot all round . The Ctsv rear upgrade. .

Last edited:

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
Once you start drilling out the knuckle you would need an engineering report .. If you was to go 4 pot you wont becouse its a direct bolt up with no modification . https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP5_Section_LG_Brakes_V2_01Jan2011.pdf

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Drill away. My car has the 6 pot, and seen track time with no issues.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Damn good value. Better than the Brembos, for a comparable price. The thing is, once you put 4 piston brakes, you will always think.....should I have gone 6?

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Holden Commodore VE & VF Brembo Big Brake Upgrade Kit (Front + Rear) - Empire Performance

This is the 6-pot kit i would get for sure if i had to choose between 4/4 for $3000 above or 6/4 for from empire for $3200-$3800 depending on the options you choose ... Only slightly more than the VE HSV 4 pots lazyass has put the link up to. I know this is the kit that Vilin808 got on his VF SSV Sedan and i seem to remember him saying they bolted right on. Might be wrong.... Did they bolt straight up like i thought you said shaun??