Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4 Speed Auto Service

=SKB=

Reaction score
Anyone serviced their 4 speed auto? Any useful tips for anything out of the ordinary would be handy. Any recommendations on fluids would be good too.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
remove the output line off the trans cooler grab another pipe stick it on the outlet and the other end into a container, having someone control the keys start the engine and the moment oil stops comming out of the hose, or starts to slowly come out switch the engine off, drop the sump, change the filter and fill it up again,

that way makes sure you do a complete flush out, ie torque converter and all

Last edited:

=SKB=

Reaction score
remove the output of the trans cooler lines grab another pipe stick it on the outlet and the other end into a container, having someone control the keys start the engine and the moment oil stops comming out of the hose, or starts to slowly come out switch the engine off, drop the sump, change the filter and fill it up again,

that way makes sure you do a complete flush out, ie torque converter and all

Thanks for the tips andyman. Will rep when I am able to. I have to spread some around apparently.

What's your thoughts on oils?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
its called type 3 now i think.... its being phased out and replaced by dexron 6 fluid as it has better cooling capabilities but its more expensive