Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4 Spot Camaro Callipers on VE

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I have heard it is possible to fit a set of 4 spot Camaro callipers to VE commodore. All that is required is to enlarge the bolt holes on the calliper and but bigger rotors on.

I have found a company in the states that can supply front callipors, lines and pads delivered for $500

Has anyone actually done this or have some input as to why I shouldnt?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Doesn't sound right to me. Why not just fit "Redline" calipers?? I'd be nearly sure it's a bolt on affair. Either that or one of the HSV big brake kits. They all use the same lower strut forging so the conversion should be pretty straight forward.

Reaper

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Haven't heard of it myself, but as reaper said above a HSV kit or Brembo or something will go straight on, id be wary of something like that for $500, especially in the brake dept.
def want to stop when u need to quick lol

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Yep sure can. Friend of mine has done it to his. He bought 30 sets so got them a bit cheaper than $500 and plans to on sell them. Keep your eyes out for them!

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Doesn't sound right to me. Why not just fit "Redline" calipers?? I'd be nearly sure it's a bolt on affair. Either that or one of the HSV big brake kits. They all use the same lower strut forging so the conversion should be pretty straight forward.

Reaper

Sorry but your wrong. Redline calipers would cost 3 times as much. HSV kits sell for well over 2K.

The US has heaps of the camaro brakes hence why they are alot cheaper.
I recall someone saying they had done it before. I can do all the work myself just wanting to check I have the right brakes and I am not missing anything.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Sorry but your wrong. Redline calipers would cost 3 times as much. HSV kits sell for well over 2K.

The US has heaps of the camaro brakes hence why they are alot cheaper.
I recall someone saying they had done it before. I can do all the work myself just wanting to check I have the right brakes and I am not missing anything.

WTF??? I didn't mention cost what so ever. No idea how much any of them cost but I'd much prefer to spend 5x as much if the choice is putting my family and everybody else around me's life at risk with a half arsed brake conversion. The Camaro uses a different lower strut forging hence it's not a straight bolt up fit. The idea of enlarging bolt holes on calipers sounds very bad to me. Good luck getting any engineer to certify it for you. :bang:

Reaper

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
I got a quote for the redline front brembos and fitting by holden for 1500

SINSTR6

VE SV6 SPORTWAGON
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SPORTWAGON
They can be fitted all you need to do is drill out the holes on the knuckle to 14mm. They are exactly the same caliper as the redline setup just painted different colours with different labling on them. The rears you will loose Ebrake but who needs that unless you have a manual.