Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$400-$500 Recommendations SUB + AMP

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
uhhhhh then turn the gain down?? you'll never listen to it that loud anyway

Gains aren't used for volume control. All I was saying was that having the sub powered alone may not be great because it will overpower the other speakers. Not saying it wouldn't work, but it would definitely be better if he could also get the fronts amped as well.

My current set up only has the sub amped. It's just a very quick (and kinda dodgy I guess) install of my old amp and sub out of my VK from a couple years back. Thought the stock speakers in the VS needed some added bass so I added the amp and sub... and being a 4x100 WRMS amp I'm not gonna use it to power the front stockies, I think 100 WRMS will be too much for them. But the system still works and definitely sounds heaps better now with the added bass. Just don't have the time and money right now to complete the system with quality gear. Looking at getting some Boston splits for the front and maybe an Audison amp to power them, wont be happening till at least tax return time though, if at all.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Gains aren't used for volume control. All I was saying was that having the sub powered alone may not be great because it will overpower the other speakers. Not saying it wouldn't work, but it would definitely be better if he could also get the fronts amped as well.

My current set up only has the sub amped. It's just a very quick (and kinda dodgy I guess) install of my old amp and sub out of my VK from a couple years back. Thought the stock speakers in the VS needed some added bass so I added the amp and sub... and being a 4x100 WRMS amp I'm not gonna use it to power the front stockies, I think 100 WRMS will be too much for them. But the system still works and definitely sounds heaps better now with the added bass. Just don't have the time and money right now to complete the system with quality gear. Looking at getting some Boston splits for the front and maybe an Audison amp to power them, wont be happening till at least tax return time though, if at all.

gain control is used to match the level of the sub to the rest of the system... ask anyone with a bit of common sense.