Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

400 kw vy ss

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Just paint your brake calipers red and you got 300rwkw.

lukemcg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU2 SS
Blower
Heads
Cam
Exhaust
Fuel system

All good fun, and could be done with $20000.

Nek minute, transmission will blow up with all that extra gear stripping torque, diff probably wont last, CV's will snap eventually. Etc etc.

DjYalla

Reaction score
Members Ride
battler Vn is Battling
this argument is silly

400rwkw 32 is pretty easy out of the rb25... I say rb 25 because 400rwkw out of the tiny bore, tiny port rb20 doesn't exist without stroking to rb24, grout filling the block then running epic block splitting boost in it.

the problem with these jap engineered drivelines is that a I've seen stock rb 25 gearboxes behind 500+ kw engines and love it.
and the diff setups are not far behind...

So apart from a clutch and a kaaz 2way diff centre the 20000 gets spent on purely motor, where as us commodore fans are flat out keeping the old turbo 700 auto together even while doing a lousy single pegger skid in your v6.

boostin01

Reaction score
Members Ride
a few holdens
Mast motorsport!!!!!

Boostin I dont think you could get 1000hp on 20k

with the amount of sharks around these days, paying someone to do everything, maybe not.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
If that's the power ur chasing you could do it for probably 10k with and single turbo ls1 maybe more depending on driveline and the condition of the car.

If its auto box will need to be rebuilt and it will prob need a converter.

If its got a t56 it will need a clutch.

Diff should be ok for a bit but eventually it will cry enough and need a rebuilt. True track center with same of different gears and then your back on your way.

Should drive relatively like a stock car off boost. But on boost hold the fark on.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
jump on capa web site for starters then get on the phone to a few others mate....

Yeah, but don't rely on the after sales service.

Very ordinary.

Y60 Simon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Maloo
I owned and modded a gts 25t before the Maloo sure the rbs are easy and reasonably cheap to mod and a lot of potential but my standard Maloo has more power than the skyline after spending over 10k on mods. Very different power I got frustrated with the lack of torque. Only fun in high revs which you can't do on public roads. A ls1 or ls2 is so much more useable. Just my opinion..

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
400rwkw's can be done for 20 grand piece of piss. You could do it with a turbo for under 10 grand with a supercharger for under 15 grand and with a stroker on nos for under 20 then add another 5 grand to bring your drive line up to the party... With the newer ls series engines even cheaper to get those numbers. As others have already said they are only numbers but.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
A blower or turbo set up will get you there for around 10-15g depending on how much psi you wanna throw at a stock internal motor then you need to spend some cash on your drive line to handle the extra ponys