Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

45000KM Service for VE?

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
I do my own oil and filter ever 5000kms, but my extended warranty throught Metro Holdens states that they must complete all major services..a bit annoying, but have peace of mind if anything is to go wrong.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Take a drive up to Walkinshaw / Streamline Automotive in Newcastle... They charge near half the cost of Holden / HSV & they really know their stuff. They also work on every second Saturday from memory which also helps being they aren't local :p

I've got free servicing on my ute currently, but that doesn't include the intermittent service which I feel is important if you're sitting in traffic most days like I am. So I'll be getting my intermittent service done up there :)

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Take a drive up to Walkinshaw / Streamline Automotive in Newcastle... They charge near half the cost of Holden / HSV & they really know their stuff. They also work on every second Saturday from memory which also helps being they aren't local :p

I've got free servicing on my ute currently, but that doesn't include the intermittent service which I feel is important if you're sitting in traffic most days like I am. So I'll be getting my intermittent service done up there :)

I use the guys from streamline as well, but for other reasons. Its 90 minute drive there and 90 minutes back :(
You wont regret using these lads.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Ah servicing. Recently speaking to a principle at a major metropolitan Holden Dealer. Stated that 2 out of every 3 cars traded by them go to wholesale as they are not satisfied with the standards of service intervals maintained by owners. Cars kept for their yard have the top end removed to check for sludge which is one of the biggest and most common 'lack of servicing' faults they encounter.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I wouldnt call the 45k a major service as the extras are simply an air filter and remote battery over a standard service.