Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

454 senator

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Hey Vr senator, yeh sounds like a plan , how many are getting round that you know of? What are ya ITB;s like ? Im guessin great throttle response and mayb 40 hp.

Hey mate, I love the ITB's, yep instant throttle response, not cheap but the driving experience is awesome, and for me anyways you cant beat the look under bonnet if its NA. Basic tune on standard heads, cam etc it made 508rwhp @7,000 rpm. If you go by the rear wheel HP = flywheel kW that's 680 ish at the fly, quite a bit to come though hopefully. I have also heard there is no need to swap the rockers in mine (I assume they are like yours??) but apparently its worth changing the bearings in them as the stockies can crap out. 454 cubes mate, cant beat the sound of that rolling off the tongue lol.

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
got it built in Melbourne , The engine builder has built all my race engines ,always gives me an awesome engine. I supplied all the parts, got them from BTR racing in the states, 4k cheaper landed here than the cheapest price in Aus. Gearbox tune from the states, mate did engine tune.

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
hey reaper , got the engine built in Melbourne ,i supplied all the parts , got them from BTR racing in the states, $4500 cheaper than the lowest price I got in aus.
A mate tuned engine and gearbox tune is from the states

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hey reaper , got the engine built in Melbourne ,i supplied all the parts , got them from BTR racing in the states, $4500 cheaper than the lowest price I got in aus.
A mate tuned engine and gearbox tune is from the states

Got some specifics? It'd help me out a lot

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
hey VR Senator, basically they are the same rockers , you have more lift tho. ive got a Comp cams upgraded trunion kit in mine which is what you really need to do . They cost $140+frieght , BTR has his own brand now, for $123good numbers your getting. Im not big on dyno's , so only figure I have now was from 1st tune after rebuild and I pulled it up well short. Big believer in running engines in .
I got 365rwkw at 4500rpm. Will do a full run after I get alien intake. Brian Tooley did the cam specs and says will get between 455-470 rwkw. My cams not outta control , I wanted a 243/259 112 +4 but he pulled me back, Drives nice. Bang the turbo's on then be lookin at 700rwkjw , insane

Reaper , if ya serious I can ask him if he's willing to do one for ya, then swing ya his number if he will do one for you. He's built all my race engines and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Mick that is a weapon :beer chug:

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
IMG_0518.JPG
b_123426.jpg
Been a long time but will update,
Engine: lsx 454 block, callies 4.125 crank, callies rods, wiseco 4.185 pistons , cnc ls3 heads 2.180 x 1.6 custom valves, 239/254 114+3 cam, ls3 rockers arms with comp trunions, Btr dual spring with titanium locks and retainers, morel tie bar lifters, fast 65lb injectors, fore innovations twin pump return lines , fast lsxr intake, Tpis 102mm throttle body, ati harmonic balancer, evans water pump, mellings oil pump, teknica catch can, msd starter

Suspension... Mca red coil overs , all new control arms, adjustable where needed, with nolathane bushes

T56 gearbox with mantic twin plate
154029.jpg
ceramic , harrop true trac, 3.45 diff gears, vf ss axles

455 rwkw 815nm NA

Its booked in for last of engine and driveline mods in april.
engine.... mamo 265 heads, mamo ported msd intake, 251/267 cam, aviad ls-c dry sum
driveline.... 8l90 gearbox, drive shaft
aiming for 530rwkw NA
110850.jpg

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hey Mick good to hear from you. This forum is like a breath of fresh (natural) air versus the other Intersuperfragillistic Supercharger Chiller channel.
NA all day, all the way ;)
Love the engine shroud.
How are you finding the Evans Water pump? Do you use the Waterless Coolant?

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
Hey Mick good to hear from you. This forum is like a breath of fresh (natural) air versus the other Intersuperfragillistic Supercharger Chiller channel.
NA all day, all the way ;)
Love the engine shroud.
How are you finding the Evans Water pump? Do you use the Waterless Coolant?

I was using the water less but lost a hose twice and seein tho costs few hundred to fill im just using water and penrite 10tenths racing inhibitor. Still far far better than oem