Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4inch splits, ur opinon?

fitykemp

VH SL/E 1981
Reaction score
Members Ride
81 SL/E
hey, just wondering what people think about 4" splits? do you hook them up to an amp like normal splits? what sort of sound quality could you expect eg bass and distortion? i know most normal 4' speakers distort easily and have no bass, maybe these are better? what does everyone think?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
4" splits are fine! I would sugest popping a SMALL capacitor in front of them before hand. This will cut out any bass hitting them lowering your distortion.

Hook em up to an amp? Sure....just don't overpower them...they hate it. But, what speaker doesn't?

W

wazzad

MB Quart

I have a pair of front MB Quart splits that set me back $450, they absolutely hammer and if i just isolate them i can deafen myself without distortion!

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
fitykemp said:
hey, just wondering what people think about 4" splits? do you hook them up to an amp like normal splits? what sort of sound quality could you expect eg bass and distortion? i know most normal 4' speakers distort easily and have no bass, maybe these are better? what does everyone think?
Dont waist ur time go a 6.5" splitz! whats ur ride and did u want 2 put the 4" up in the dash?