Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4l60e Manualised Questions

Mike Rolls

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 4x4 Buggy
I gained a heap of power going to a smaller tyre. but still not enough to run 2nd gear (up hills in mud on rev limiter change to 2nd, dead). Also changed diff ratios from 4.3 to 4.5 ( with a smaller motor). Could change ratios again to4.8 . Interesting 1st to 2nd is a big jump. If I can get my diff / tyre ratio low enough i might be happier in 2nd gear looking for 3rd. Especially if I had a good shifter

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You'd think that would be a common mod to 4l60e yet never heard or noticed it being done by anyone here in Oz

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I only heard it mentioned on the AV8 forum a few years ago by Mark. Maybe it wasn't well known?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Probably not as most people don't want to spend big coin on 4l60e & take the risk of it breaking compared to the security going to a th400.

Maybe Hq368 did mention it but might have had rediculous price tag back then.

Got to admit would be weird not having that super fast first gear then tyres let go in second gear step out that all shift kitted 4l60e tend to do lol