Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.0 VT CLUBSPORT_Do I fit a BIG CAM...???

RedDragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport 5.0
Hey peeps, just wondering if anyone can help me with a big decision... I want to fit a big cam to my vt clubby but I've heard the 5L's are too costly or too much work and that I might as well just bolt a blower on it, I want more power yes, but the bottom line is I want a lumpy beast of a clubby with heaps of power, I already know that a 5.7 would of been the better choice but I chose the 5L. And I like my car :) .. Please Help me make my car as though it was shat out of hell! :)

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
Hey well not sure what your budget is but in all honest the 5L sounds tough as with good exhaust, if you want lumpy the cam will do it, but yes kinda not really value for money.

Heaps of power, well that depends on your idea, you should rebuild and do a stroker maybe it costs you 10K or more, then say hello to driveline issues

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
lumpy cam is a completely different kettle of fish to a blower. i advise you do some research first before asking questions

RedDragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport 5.0
Oh Really? well research also involves asking questions, which is why I chose to research it right here on just commodores dot com, thought it made sense seeing as everybody on here has one.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport 5.0
Anyway... I called up a place they asked me if i wanted a big or small cam... I read on here a long time ago that the 5L's can loose power or something with big cams i asked them and they don't seem to like sharing knowledge

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Crane 286 and a custom tune works well in the 5ltr. Should make around 200rwkw with that combo

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Umm maybe research prices first.

Cam 3-4k blower 10k+

Also what do you think is heaps of power, a cammed 5L isn't much, a blown 5l is decent.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
And blown 7 litre = a grin on your face that can never be removed.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
If heaps of power is your aim *flame suit on* you should get an LS1. 300kw is easy.