Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 ltr 1/8 mile times

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
hi, i took my vn 5 ltr out to the local dragway on the weekend (1/8 mile) and i was wondering what the advridge time it should pull, it is a stock 304 it had the Y shape extractors but i cut them back and they dump at front of trans and i took front left light out and put a air pod on and locked the diff i ran a P.B of 9.77 with wheel spin on 18 inch street tyres mind you the car has done 329,000 klm and ran full trim, at the end of day i had another vn 5 ltr in my time bracket and he had spent 20K on the engine to suit supercharger. and that got me thinking is my car runnin good for the age and how many klms it has done?

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
hi, i took my vn 5 ltr out to the local dragway on the weekend (1/8 mile) and i was wondering what the advridge time it should pull, it is a stock 304 it had the Y shape extractors but i cut them back and they dump at front of trans and i took front left light out and put a air pod on and locked the diff i ran a P.B of 9.77 with wheel spin on 18 inch street tyres mind you the car has done 329,000 klm and ran full trim, at the end of day i had another vn 5 ltr in my time bracket and he had spent 20K on the engine to suit supercharger. and that got me thinking is my car runnin good for the age and how many klms it has done?

A 9.77 1/8 is about a 15.3 1/4 mile.
From memory about right for the car stock. What you have gained from the exhaust you have probably lost from the age of the engine.

So your saying he has spent 20K on the engine, to suit a supercharger but hasn't put it on yet?
I don't know why anyone would do that, but if he was setting it up a a decent boost it would be running lower compressions; which without the blower would make it overall slower than a decent compression ratio.

QldKev

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
he had blower but snapped belt thanks for info tho :)