Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 speed auto vz sv6

steen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
A number of things:

Motor Oil: 10W30 Mobil 1 full synthetic was the spec for the LY7 (HFV6). The 07 revised specs now list 10W30 mineral oil. You'll have no probs with full synthetic.

Transmission Fluid: The 5L40 (M82) is clean room assembled & filled with Dexron III at the factory to avoid contamination. It's sealed "for life". 1st scheduled service is 150k. I'd do it sooner. I'd be happier with the revised Dexron VI for 150k service intervals. With regular use, no towing, etc, there won't be probs. If contemplating a tranny service, I'd ask for a sample of your old fluid. If it smells like burnt fish&chips, it's time for a change...

Tyre Pressure: With 235/45R17 tyres you should consider >34PSI. Bridestone recommend 38-40PSI. On good sealed roads, 30PSI will be fine & result in a smoother ride albeit with increased tyre wear & increased fuel consumption. The risk with low pressures on low profile tyres is that if you hit eg a pothole, you may damage your rim.