Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 speed into vh 308 line up etc

benny999

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle 5ltr 83
ok i have been looking at a few of the posts on manual conversions think that's the way i wanna go just i want one thats gonna line up with the console, nicely strong and not to much messing around (prefer a supra 5spd bit stronger as my motor is mildly worked)

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
a Borg Warner T5G out of a Brock or Walkinshaw will fit throught the standard hole, but they are difficult to source here in Australia. However the very same box was used in Camaros etc in the states, so might be able to get one from the likes of Mal Wood in Qld.

There are apparently 2 types of Supra 5 speeds, the steel case and alloy case. One is supposed to be stronger than the other - not sure which it is. Also not sure where the shifter sits.

The Tremec TKO 5spd is also a very strong box, but cost over $3000 new

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
Mate the oval case supras fit the hole reasonably neatly stock. They have a fairly long gear leaver which can be heated and bent to the perfect angle. I believe the T5s fit the hole too but sit slightly further back than a standard box.