Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5 warning lights, fans on, temp needle doesn't move...but no errors!

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
+1 for ABS module

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Disconnect your abs module and start the car. You should find that all warning lights are now off. Also, both fans will probably be constantly running if the abs module is kaput, but will stop when you disconnect the module.

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold my car :(
Just remove the fuse, that will take care of the abs.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Disconnect your abs module and start the car. You should find that all warning lights are now off. Also, both fans will probably be constantly running if the abs module is kaput, but will stop when you disconnect the module.

No, the ABS and TRAC OFF lights will remain on.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
My bad. That is correct. Because your ecu isn't picking up the module. But the car is now out of limp mode (all lights and fans on).

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So what was the verdict from your mechanic BIL OP?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
My VX SS did a similar thing today, started the car and heard a chime going and noticed the traction control light on in the dash and the little red security light flashing and the wording Err on the dash display, turned the car off and restarted it and it was fine and gave no more problems during the day, not sure if something just screwed up like computers sometimes do or if it is a sign of things to come, from memory it did something similar maybe 5 years ago.

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
Sorry it took me over a year to get back to you guys. Life...y'know...lol. So today I FINALLY decided to give the ABS module a go. BINGO! It fixed everything and also fixed my air conditioning at the same time. It took me a year and 4 months and about $40 to do a 20 minute job :doh: Only one problem, I've got no traction control still. That's not a huge issue though. I'm pretty sure I was told about 3 years ago that I have a faulty sensor in my front right hub which caused the traction light to come up. So I'll get on to that...EVENTUALLY :hit:

Thanks for the support guys.