Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

50,000th VF commodore

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Finally some good Holden news

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Pretty good effort considering. Wonder how much of that is due to the increased refinement of the VF or people jumping in before it all ends. Not bad considering Ford are only making 400 Falcons a month

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Not sure why he wrote quality in the article. Quality to me would mean my climate control works properly I don't have any rattles or water leaks my drivers window doesn't have a whistle at high speed. So many basic things they had right 15 years ago

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Not sure why he wrote quality in the article. Quality to me would mean my climate control works properly I don't have any rattles or water leaks my drivers window doesn't have a whistle at high speed. So many basic things they had right 15 years ago

Gee that sounds pretty rough. Is it an early build?

jhsg

Reaction score
Interesting that there is around 46,000 VF commodores on australian roads. Seems high to me as I still don't see that many getting around.

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride

15 years ago ls1 v8's were being rebuilt left right and centre. Is yours an early model car? Ive always stayed away from the first series of any commodores and never had many problems. Doesn't make it any less frustrating for you though

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
15 years ago ls1 v8's were being rebuilt left right and centre.

Agreed, I remember when the VT LS1's were released, the dealers were getting swamped with warranty work.

You can still tell today which of the VT's didn't get the warranty rebuild as you can hear the piston slap and rattles a mile away.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Interesting that there is around 46,000 VF commodores on australian roads. Seems high to me as I still don't see that many getting around.

How many of those went to export? A fair few getting around in NZ

Agreed, I remember when the VT LS1's were released, the dealers were getting swamped with warranty work.

You can still tell today which of the VT's didn't get the warranty rebuild as you can hear the piston slap and rattles a mile away.

Were the LS motors assembled in Aussie or did they come over from the US and dropped in between the rails after the correct oil pan was fitted?

falcom

Reaction score
They say it is an SV6 but the car has fog lights which are not a factory option on the SV6.

Last edited:

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
How many of those went to export? A fair few getting around in NZ

Were the LS motors assembled in Aussie or did they come over from the US and dropped in between the rails after the correct oil pan was fitted?

They came from both Mexico and Canada fully built

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Gee that sounds pretty rough. Is it an early build?

I think mine is an August build it was sitting at a country dealer for a while. Will hopefully get all my issues fixed at 3000km service. Still really frustrating in the mean time. How does a car get out of the factory with obvious issues