Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$560 for struts and superlows???

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Hey guys i want to put new struts and superlows in the front end. I called pedders and they quoted $560 for the srings and struts fitted. To me this sounds a little pricey. What do you guys think. Im not confident enough to do it myself so i wana get it done proply. Does anyone know any suspension place other then pedders that are cheaper? I dont like pedders i think they are rip offs. Cheers

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Thats a lot cheaper than any quotes I got here in Sydney. Thats supplied and fitted is it? I just got replacement cartriges for the old struts, and did the group buy a while ago, but I think 4 springs, and front and rear shocks was ~$450. I removed the front struts and took them to pedders, who put my stuff on for $40. Don't know if that's any help... Good luck, It'll be worth it once its done :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Just the fronts, eh? That'll look interesting ^^

Lowering is bloody expensive though. I'd love to do it, but I don't know if I could ever justify dropping my Commodore unless I found shocks/springs/panhard rod sold together at a wreckers :p

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah thats all parts supplied and fitted. I might give a few other places a call and get some more quotes.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just called another place and they quoted $655 to do it. I just think thats expensive because if i shop around i can get struts and superlows for about $300. Its just i dont know how to fit them.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
coolvncommodore said:
I just called another place and they quoted $655 to do it. I just think thats expensive because if i shop around i can get struts and superlows for about $300. Its just i dont know how to fit them.

Did you get detailed quotes from both places? If so how much are they charging for labour? Capital steering and suspension did me a quote on a couple of things I don't have the tools to do and they're charging labour @ 80 bucks an hour!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
coolvncommodore said:
Hey guys i want to put new struts and superlows in the front end. I called pedders and they quoted $560 for the srings and struts fitted. To me this sounds a little pricey. What do you guys think. Im not confident enough to do it myself so i wana get it done proply. Does anyone know any suspension place other then pedders that are cheaper? I dont like pedders i think they are rip offs. Cheers
Do you have a the tyre factory in Canberra??

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
SlickHolden said:
Do you have a the tyre factory in Canberra??

Nope, I'm pretty sure we don't, or if they are up here they're trading under a different name.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
pandaman said:
Nope, I'm pretty sure we don't, or if they are up here they're trading under a different name.
Was that $560 for just front and back springs only?

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
SlickHolden said:
Was that $560 for just front and back springs only?

I dunno, I'm not the dude who started the thread, I'm just the hijacker asking him about the quote he got. :D