Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6.5 speakers in front of VR

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep some brands of 6.5" will fit in no problems, while others (type r being one) will take some modifications to get them to fit properly, by properly i mean a good airtight seal in between the speaker basket and the pod itself. You wont be able to use any type of spacer on top of the original pod, as they door trim wont fit over it correctly.

You have two options for the type r's, one is to modify the original pod enough to get the driver in flush with the plastic, the other is to make some MDF / fibreglass pods up that basically duplicate the original pods but allow a 6.5" speaker to fit. My opinion is the second one, but it is much harder to do, and takes more time ofcourse, also those plastic pods dont do the type r's justice as they arent solid enough to provide good midbass.

stated vr v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman
hey mate, they are a british brand called reisen cost AU$650 (i didnt pay that haha) and they are 95wrms. they have a nice big magnets, i had to sorta twist them in and screw them in tight, but they did go in.
Cheers

Just spit balling here mate but it must cause some massive vibration through your car with the speaker touching

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
thats the **** i wonnna hear.
i dont actually have the type R's i just wanted them to go with my type R's rears. but i dont wonna root around to much and that sounds like alot of rootin around.

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Not at all, just because you have a certain brand component/s dosent mean you need the same brand for the other component/s. Youre much better off to go into a car audio store a listen to different sets of speakers within your price range.....you'll find a set that sounds best to you.

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
No worries, glad to help.

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Subs are 2 x 15" SPL Dynamics XTR Series.
Subwoofer amp is a Schneider SPA-7000X 4000wrms monoblock.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Just spit balling here mate but it must cause some massive vibration through your car with the speaker touching

hey mate,
no vibration, once i got them in the pods i scewed them in really well, sounds great.
Cheers mate.