Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6.5" Speakers in VR/S Front

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Hey, looking at buying some new splits tomorrow and need to know if anyone has fitted 6.5" speakers in the standard pods. From memory I think the last ones I bought were 6". Thanks for any help.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
6.5" will fit so long as they aren't too deep.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
yeah the standard pods are 6". There is a thread about fitting 6.5" splits in the front doors with pics of pods people have made to hold 6.5" speakers. The ones i saw, the dude just made new pods out of mdf to accomodate 6.5" and shaped them like the original ones. Maybe just look at getting 6" splits so they fit straight in...

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Fusion dont make 6" splits and have the 6.5" ones on special for $99! I think i'll still buy them anyway. If I cant get them to fit I'll use them in the boot lid or something.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah the standard pods are 6". There is a thread about fitting 6.5" splits in the front doors with pics of pods people have made to hold 6.5" speakers. The ones i saw, the dude just made new pods out of mdf to accomodate 6.5" and shaped them like the original ones. Maybe just look at getting 6" splits so they fit straight in...
was this dude me by any chance?

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
was this dude me by any chance?

yeah mate coulda been. i looked at it ages ago and dont remember who posted it:) . btw well done on the mdf pods they looked nice

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I stuffed around for ages trying to make my response splits from my first setup fit factory pods, apparently most 6.5" woofers will fit the factory pods with a little help from a heat gun to widen where necassary but there was no way they were goin in there so i ended up machining new ones from 200mm pvc rod. If however yours do fit widthwise and foul on the magnet, just cut that half cover piece out of the back of the pod. You can sure it up with fibreglass if your worried about losing strength but with 99 dollar splits i wouldn't bother.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
post link to this so called thread?