Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 grand to spend, what to get?

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
they better have **** or no security cause it will be loud as when your trying to loosen the allen key bolts that hold the hub to the carrier plate. and you better take some boys cause rotors and callipers get heavy, plus the tools you went in. even if you are buying new rotors take the old ones with the hub still in em cause it will be too loud and slow to seperate em. Also just cut the brakeline at the metal just above the hose and crimp the end so no **** gets in, if you undo the hose at the join your lines will be full of **** by the time you get em home. not good.

cheers mate [= yeh a few of us are gonna go do it one weekend, prolly wen speedway is on next!

jenkos_vl

Reaction score
buy an L67 supercharged V6, for $2500, drop that in there, have it in there your self for 3,500. . leaving you with $2500 to spend on that. .

best bang for buck.

Jenkos

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hehe well i got the blower on the way and everything gonna get VT brake upgrade ASAP :D

i have 6 grand to spend on my motor, definately headwork, roller rockers, 70mm TB, stage 3 cam, crow timing gear, tune. what else? its gonna get a good rebuild.

man you change your mind more than a woman!!!

first N/A 6, then turbo 6? then twin turbo 6, then turbo v8... after now blown LN3, i got a idea...

sell the VP, buy a Excel for $6000 like every other girl out there

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
6 grand in Thialand buys alot of funs time you could rememeber for the rest of your life once it gets boring later on in life :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Also a high chance of getting AIDS

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
man you change your mind more than a woman!!!

first N/A 6, then turbo 6? then twin turbo 6, then turbo v8... after now blown LN3, i got a idea...

sell the VP, buy a Excel for $6000 like every other girl out there

stfu, tard. i changed my mind cuz im gettin rid of it later in the year for a new project [=

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
why not stick the money into a new project straight up????

if i were u i woulda of put that turbo kit u had on and been done with it..

seriously... sell the VN, go buy a car with a 304... dump $6000 into that and enjoy a nice reliable car that goes bloody hard (make sure its manual)

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
yeah i gotta v6 which has heaps of power and torque thanks to extractors 2.5'' exhaust, cai and removal of bellmouth. i easily keep up with v8s till bout 80 then they take off but mines a streeter not a racer, my fuel bills $50 week on premium including a bit of goin out but what pulls ppl attention is when i give it some and im gettin the heads shaved ported and polished next week but i plan to own a v8 in a few years once im 25