Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 month registration

patmac64

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997vs executive
g'day everyone,this is for nsw members mainly because i dont know what the story is in other states!i was checking out prices on green slips the other day and if you want to register a car for only 6 months you have to get the green slip within 21 days of your rego expiring.ive been rubbing my car back so wasnt worrying too much but was very surprised and pissed off when i found out about this.the rta can shove it,ill get a blue slip and get the full 12 months rego.at least that way i get 12 months rego instead of losing a month or so.rip off #@#%$.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
lol its no surprise. I'm surprised that you don't have to pay $2 to get the door to open at the RTA offices. Hate NSW with a passion.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
for 12 months rego it just cost me
$306 at the rta,
$520 for the greenslip and
$30 for the pink/esafety slip for my vr ss
=$856
and my vy wagon a month ago it cost
$437 at the rta
$30 for the pink slip
=$987
so i just paid the good folks at the rta $1843 for 2 cars

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Im in NSW and I know a guy who tried to get the 6 months rego here, and the RTA will only let you apply for the 6 month rego online in NSW ,and apparently you must also have a credit card in your name too.They told him he also has to pay for it online with a credit card thats in his name and not at the RTA when he went to see about it.Now wouldnt you think that the people who own credit cards could afford 12 months rego and wouldnt have to worry about the 6 months..Obviously poorer people are gonna be the ones who use the 6 months rego more often,and most poorer people dont usually have a credit card.Ridiculous.

Last edited:

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
not necessarily a credit card,but also a visa debit card.we put 6months rego on our vn after the initial 12 months rego ran out with a debit card online,just had to go and get a 6 month green slip.it is very stupid the way the rta goes about things.so if you have to get a blue slip you can't get 6 months rego.and don't get me started on their personalised number plate prices with their stupid annual fees,just ridiculous!

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
for 12 months rego it just cost me
$306 at the rta,
$30 for the pink/esafety slip for my vr ss
=$856
and my vy wagon a month ago it cost
$437 at the rta
$30 for the pink slip
=$987
so i just paid the good folks at the rta $1843 for 2 cars

Dont forget the 3rd party property or comprehensive witch is at least another 1k for both cars!
i know how you feel mate, got 2 cars, same ****. What we do is put $50 a week away and covers both cars for when rego comes. seems to work pretty well.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
Doesn't NSW charge for mods like tint and exhaust as well?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
omg,900 for rego,I felt the $620 Vic rego was expensive when I moved from NZ,rego over there is like 220nzd or something,cost to transfer a car is $9.20 for the new owner,no tax or any other cost.
and 2nd hand cars are a lot cheaper.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Far out just got my vx ss rego'd for 6 months $372 + $40 for the rego inspection gotta love the NT.