Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 speed V6 3.0L 3-4 shift flare, wassup here?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What fluid is in it? There are lots of wanna be trans fluids on the market that claim to be everything from dex3 to dex 6 to Toyota to Hyundai fluids all in one but don't fully comply to the spec or those fluids. And they cause issues like yours where the trans just isn't quite right. Marketing BS.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
What fluid is in it? There are lots of wanna be trans fluids on the market that claim to be everything from dex3 to dex 6 to Toyota to Hyundai fluids all in one but don't fully comply to the spec or those fluids. And they cause issues like yours where the trans just isn't quite right. Marketing BS.
2 x ACDelco DEXRON VI Fluid 4L for Holden Commodore VE VF Auto Transmissions

exhibits exactly same symptons after as it did prior to service with this fluid and sonnax zip kit.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
2 x ACDelco DEXRON VI Fluid 4L for Holden Commodore VE VF Auto Transmissions

exhibits exactly same symptons after as it did prior to service with this fluid and sonnax zip kit.
That sounds like the right fluid at least.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
what i have been doing last couple of days is short shifting a bit and driving it 100% manual and making sure i'm around 1/2 or more throttle when i change it into 4th gear and its perfect. i will change it to 4th as soon as i hit 60 then let the throttle off and keep at 60.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Has anyone been playing with the intake manifold at all recently, or back when this issue started?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Has anyone been playing with the intake manifold at all recently, or back when this issue started?
nope, but i have had it off to do the front water inlet seals when i pulled the tranny to do the rear one and put the sonnax zip kit through it. but issue started well before that.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
FYI, i got a second hand tranny for $400 and swapped the TECHM from that into mine as i have racked my brain as much as i can and it just points to the TECHM, and guess what, its perfect now. totally changed the way the tranny acts, shifts correctly and consistently now unlike before all over the place and flaring a bit most of the time 3-4.