Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

60amp fuse blowing

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It's a grub screw terminal.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
So you'll need to split the wire into 2 bits down either side of the screw. I've jammed 0 awg into 4 awg reccomended terminals more times than i can remember. The key is twisting it as tight as you can with some pliers :)

Otherwise that style of connection is designed for ring terminals not spades.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
ok ill try as HCVP said in the morning, thanks for all the help everyone and ill post how it goes :)

oh also whilst im here like i said the amp is running the splits at the moment, no sub as yet, so would i be better setting it to HPF or FULL RANGE? thanks

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Depends -

Full range you get the full fq spectrum sent to your speakers. Your speakers will have their own fq response, basically they will play fq's only down to a certain level.

HPF (high pas filter) cuts out fq's below a set point. Because low fq's basically cause the most driver excursion, the lower the fq they are playing the least amount of power they will handle, and of course how loud they will play before they begin to distort.

Play around with it and you'll see very quickly how setting to HPF affect's their sound. When ever a sub is used a HPF is always (should always) be used for the speakers. The sub provides not only the low fq's that the speakers can't produce, but also is better at producing those low fq's that your speakers can only do at a very low volume level.

Depending on the sub, and also the speakers, you'll need to decide where you want to cross the sub over.

Without a sub i would be running them in full pass, either that or the lowest setting on the HPF. Any higher and you'll clearly notice that something is missing from the music. But just be mindful that if you are running them in full pass for the mean time that you don't drive them too hard, particulary if they are only new. Give them some time to loosen up.

In most cases changing your high and low pass filters will also require altering the gain settings.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
ok then thanks mate, i do plan to run them at HPF when i install my sub, ill have a play around with full range and hpf tomorrow to see which sounds the best, and yeah they are new so ill be careful not to drive them to hard for a while, thanks again :)