Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6l 6 speed fuel economy

NewSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6000
G'day all, Just wondering what sort of economy are people getting out of the 6 litre vz's in manual form. Cheers.

I have an SV6000, has around 8000klm on it now.
Have had computer remapped, (VCM Suite), extractors fitted and high flow cats.
Getting 9.6/100 on the highway and around 12/100 in town, (if I go steady on the loud pedal).:yeah:

bodella

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder M6
nickbalcombe99,
when you say 16lts/100 is that what the computer reads or is that actually at the bowser???
Even when my ute had low Ks I was still getting about 12-13lts/100km.
My consumption is pretty close to what VZGEN4s is. On the weekend i drove to Horsham from Melbourne and return and after filling up this morning it averaged 9.3lts/100 for the trip. Even when i give the my ute a fair bit of stick i still end up at about 13-14lts/100. But when you say you are getting 16lts/100 with normal driving that seems a little excesisive.
GEN4 how are you getting it so low? I am running at 16 while going very easy on the juice pedal! As the engine wears in it should improve, I have only done 700 klms.

I wonder if your CAI is helping a lot?

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
GEN4 how are you getting it so low? I am running at 16 while going very easy on the juice pedal! As the engine wears in it should improve, I have only done 700 klms.

I wonder if your CAI is helping a lot?

G'day nickbalcombe99, when new, my thunder was pretty thirsty but I've done nearly 14,000kms in it now and she's nice and loose... So to speak...

When I say city driving it's a mix of 60 - 80km/h zones fairly free flowing... not stop start every 30 seconds type of stuff. The only mods I've done are dual 2.5" cat back exhaust and MCAI.

Overall I'm very impressed with the fuel economy. My last car was a 5L VS manual and on the same trip averaged around 13.5L/100kms.

What sort of driving are you doing? Your figures seem like you're doing mainly city driving.