Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6l80e 7CVA dropping gears and limp mode

hekawun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I have a 6.0 VE Calais with a 6sp auto (7CVA) and it's started playing up on me. Getting false neutrals, limp mode. Getting code P0756 - Shift solenoid B Performance or stuck 'off'
Started simple with a fluid and filter change with no success. Bought a basic TransGo valve body rebuild kit which claimed to resolve my P0756 code. I used what I believe was the solenoid regulator valve, bushing, spring, spacer and retainer, replaced all 4 pressure switch diaphragms and seals (2 diaphragms we're blown out)
Again no success
Then 2 days ago I started the car, drove away and the car lost all drive gears and only had reverse functioning. Then the next day it went back to being able to drive but randomly doing the false neutral, limp mode thing again
Any ideas what could be causing this?
Should I spend more money chasing possible fixes, grab another box and swap it out or bite the bullet and take it to a shop and just get them to fix whatever the problem is