Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6x9 in holden vp

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
yeah i stuck some Alpine Type S 4inch in the factory holes up in the dash, however they just sit in there, cause as you most likely know the original speakers were a three prong, and they were angled in a way to point towards you. I wrote a thread about it last week, but only about 30 people have viewed it and no one replied, it seems most people used that location to mount a tweeter with a component fitted in a VR/Vs pod to the doors.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
. .

Last edited:

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
The original mounts and holes were all cracked when i took the original speakers out. Basically the only thing holding the originals in was 16 years of dirt, dust, and grime! You mentioned customers before, do you work for an automotive chain?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
. .

Last edited:

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
Thanks Holdenboy, i wasnt paying attention to the posts and to who was posting them. Stealthy- got your message but my computer keeps freezing when i go to inbox, or when i try to upload a picture. I havent got msn, i could never figure it out-

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
Stealthy- with your outside set of 6x9's - with the spacing pod you have used, how much clearance was there between the speaker magnet and the metal shelf underneath? Do they come in contact at all with the metal? Reason i ask i because i brought some spacers, but their not the pod style as you used. But they look almost similar in height, maybe just a little lower- managed to get a new parcel shelf from the wreckers for just 20bucks, so i'm pretty happy with that. I also got a set of matching 6.5inch spacers, so im going to take advantage of the illeagal and defective holes that i cut last week into the metal, and mount some splits in the between the 6x9's. I'll be sure to post some pics of the end result. (should be good for a laugh it it turns out anything like my first attempt)

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
Also was the clearance between the speaker and the rear window really tight? i have some spacers, but there just a level spacer, they dont's angle down like thoses pod spacers in the pictures above, is thise what gives you the clearance, this angle on the pod. Have a look at these pictures of where im up to now, i roughly lined up the speaker and estimated the space that the shelf and the spacer would give me and the speakers are touching the back window.

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
here where im stuck, the 6x9's seems to touch the window when put on a spacer and then onto the shelf.

Attachments

• DSCF1144.jpg
    DSCF1144.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 180