Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6x9" speaker spacer help

lmurko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim, land rover defender
hi guys, my first time posting / using a forum so please be patient with me, ive just gotten myself a vs as a first car, it runs beaut, but the audio is not quite up to scratch, i want to put 6x9s on my parcel shelf, but i need to add a spacer as its cut out for 6.5s. i was thinking something like this: 224800-zoom.jpg although super cheap want 50 something dollars for them, i like the angle on them though. so i would like to make something like them, perferably out of mdf as i can get it free. any ideas you have to help me out would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If you have access to plenty of MDF then remake your entire parcel shelf. This way you have automatic speaker spacers and the speakers are just screwed directly to the shelf.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Why 6x9s? As said if your handy with MDF make your own. Good learning experience.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
If you wish to just copy the premade angled spaces then you just jigsaw a few matching rings out of 18mm and glue them together, then (belt) sand an angle onto it.

I'd recommend making a replacement MDF parcel shelf too though.

lmurko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim, land rover defender
thanks guys, i was considering remaking the parcel shelf but i want to angle the speakers into the car, thats why i want the spacers. and im using 6x9's because im sort of just scrounging together what i can get cheap/free for now hahaha

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If you build a new shelf... You can angle it anyway you like.