Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6x9's

SoLaRgE

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN S
Just curious; is there anyway to fit 6x9's in a VR's parcel shelf without making it illegal or using those ugly raising block things???????

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
SoLaRgE said:
Just curious; is there anyway to fit 6x9's in a VR's parcel shelf without making it illegal or using those ugly raising block things???????

mines got 6x9s and they just sit in there perfect :p no mods done that i no, only had mine for 4mths

HoLDenGuY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commordore
when i had my 6x9" installed in my VR, the installers had to cut the original 6" metal bit which the stock 6" screwed into so it could fit in properly and also had to cut the parcel shelf.

SoLaRgE

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN S
yeh i was thinking about doing that but if you cut the metal it makes your car un-road worthy....just wondering if there was a way around it.......

nuttered

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VP Berlina
If your cutting chunks out of the parcel shelf (read: structural), in case of a serious accident and the car is inspected, the TAC won't cover you.

My 2 cents: piss off the sic by nines, keep your rear 6 inch running off the deck and get a sub. will play much lower then 6x9's

SoLaRgE

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN S
i had a sub but i blew it, lol, i wanna get 6x9's (presonal pref.) i think i will just settle for the ugly raising things...i rekon if i cover them in the same material as the parcel shelf (but do it properly) it would look alright, i was just asking if there was a way tp aviod using them but without f**kin up the structural side of things.....

cheers

J

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i dont know the VR but on the VS the rear shelf brackets arent considred structual as essentially they're just spot welded metal loops. maybe ask down at your local station / copshop / road worthy assessor to get a proper opinion.