Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$700 Growler kit for a VX?

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
Looking into getting a growler kit, went to the place where I done my exhaust and he quoted me $700. Does that sound about right? Money isn't the problem I just don't want to get ripped off.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Not worth it on a 6. Get a mace cold air intake if you really feel like burning money.

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
Not worth it on a 6. Get a mace cold air intake if you really feel like burning money.

Better off getting a mace? how much money would the cost? Also just saw a video that had a pod filter with it, I don't want any reduction I hear 50/50 about them pod filters. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUcD65D9OOA) Unless the pod filter is optional.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Looking into getting a growler kit, went to the place where I done my exhaust and he quoted me $700. Does that sound about right? Money isn't the problem I just don't want to get ripped off.

The Mace intake is considerably cheaper and a whole lot better , if you want to spend that much get the spacers and insulator while your at it .

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
The Mace intake is considerably cheaper and a whole lot better , if you want to spend that much get the spacers and insulator while your at it .
To be honest I just want it for the sound to go with my catback, don't want to go all out with spacers and an insulator. This is only a side project until I get something better in the long run.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2

Better off getting a mace? how much money would the cost? Also just saw a video that had a pod filter with it, I don't want any reduction I hear 50/50 about them pod filters. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUcD65D9OOA) Unless the pod filter is optional.

You do know the growler intake is just a pod filter inside an ugly case.

Either way you get a crappy pod filter, just get a Cold air intake if you're car doesn't have one.

VT VX VY V6 3 8L Ecotec Cold AIR Intake Duct Pipe Factory OTR | eBay

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Oh okay I see. I wouldn't mind getting one for the sound I just don't want power reduction from it.

And I already have a cold air intake.

If you want the the sound , go for the Mace , you might get tiny gains performance wise , but the induction noise is greater .

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I have one on my VX V6 because I managed to score it for fairly cheap. It's definitely louder then stock and has a unique note compared to a Mace boxed pod. Not worth the money at all though.

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
If you want the the sound , go for the Mace , you might get tiny gains performance wise , but the induction noise is greater .

Just what I want, I'll go with the mace. Thanks

I have one on my VX V6 because I managed to score it for fairly cheap. It's definitely louder then stock and has a unique note compared to a Mace boxed pod. Not worth the money at all though.

Doesn't sound too bad on YouTube but each to their own. I'll look into getting a mace. Thanks also.