Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

86 vl calais manual

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
lol, it is what i meant. i spend too much time working on natural gas engines at work which burn hotter the richer they are. lol. glad that helped you out in the end though

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
car is currently at work, checked fuel pressure and it is sweet. took computer apart today to see it is full of corrosion and floor is wet still in my car, upon further investigation turns out the window man didnt seal my window properly and it is leaking badly right onto the computer so borrowed a computer tonight to try tomorrow and if it fixes it ill be buying a new comp. and also will be ringing the window guy and getting him to come re seal my windscreen. fingers crossed this solves the problem.

88-SERIES200

Reaction score
Members Ride
rb30det VL wagon project, VL series 200
Hey man i love your car. it's good to see young vl owners who dont misstreat and #### up their cars with distastefull mods and painting things they shouldnt touch. You have preety much done so far is what i plan on doing to mine. keep up the goodwork and chuck up an update soon!

aliarici

Reaction score
Members Ride
camry
nice work i just bought m first car and im looking at getting a vl of some sort just want to follow the same principle you did tidy
clean and that extra punch when you need it
good work been through some troubles i see but very nice man keep it up

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
well car is now fixed :) found all three wires broken off at TPS, so fixed them, and also went through checking the loom at the computer, checking all voltages and so on all ended up k after tps was fixed. started her up with brand new plugs, dizzy cap and rotor and bam no smoke on idle and no smoke when you rev it. changed back to my computer just for curiosity and it started running real real rough again, swapped back and its all sweet, so im guessing the major issue was the computer being damaged. i am so stoked, took it for a lap around the block at work and it was awesome until i blew a cooler pipe off again lol, so wil have to fix that then do the final touches to go though for inspection.

88-SERIES200

Reaction score
Members Ride
rb30det VL wagon project, VL series 200
hey man if u mind answering a question.. i just swapped the auto over in my vl for another auto i got for cheap and the car was running better than ever. didnt slop into gears and drone out the neighborhood and the note was much better. the car was going great for about 2-3 weeks then it starting getting very loud and sounding like it was running way too rich and choking on fuel. days after it started sounding like a tractor and i had to put it in neutral and rev it at the lights so it wouldnt stall. got it home and it wouldnt stall but would rev at wat appeared to be no more than 100rpm. i dont think there were even fault codes from memory. swapped the dizzy over for a new spare got new plugs and leads, swapped o2 sensor, ran injector cleaner,cleaned aac valve,swapped afm,checked dizzy angle and fuel reg still ran ****. than today i swapped the tps, aac, and that part with the idle screw that bolts to the back of the inlet manifold and the car ran preety good but still had a jump/pop in the exhaust note. the problem is now the car idles at 1500 rpm so i adjusted the idle screw all the way and its still at 900 - 1100. the throttle stop is fine and there doesnt seem to be any vacumn leaks, also the coolant temp sensor was on. do u have any idea what this could be and also how to adjust the fuel ratio so it runs near perfect and not too lean or rich. im running 95 in it and occasionally 98. thanks for any advice...