Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

93 VP central locking questions

sparra_gump

VP DRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive 3.8 sedan
Does my VP have full 4 door central locking?, because only the front doors lock with the key at the same time the rear doors have to be done manually, also my keyless entry thing doesnt work, i was told it is the battery but the light on the key still comes on when i press the button?.

If my car is meant to have full 4 door central locking, what might be the problem, will it cost me much to fix it?.

If not will it be hard to get a professional to hook the rear doors up?.

R

rattattack1313

Sorry,man..I saw your 1st post, but was busy, & thought someone else might have answered you...there should be a keyhole/button thingie on the passenger side, when u open the door....click it over to opposite where it was..see if that works........might also be dirt in the conections or something...I am sure there is a few threads on this already..... :thumbsup:

sparra_gump

VP DRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive 3.8 sedan
Thankyou very much just tryed it and it works, but are the back doors meant to lock as well because mine dont.

Sparra_Gump

V

vpecos

you might have to remove the rear door skins to check and see if the central locking unit is present i had the same problem on rear passenger the units often cease to work due to dust a spray of wd on the unit may work but more likely replacing will be the go

V

vp manual wagon

That keyhole on the passenger side is the manual immobiliser activate switch, if I'm refering to what I'm thinking your saying Rattatack, theres a central locking box that can be found on the passenger side by ripping some of the vinly off, i think its in the door, that should show whats connected shouldn't it? I saw it when me and my cousin were installing an alarm

V

vp manual wagon

As for the hooking up, depends on the motors, if they are there in the back, which im assuming they would be!

VPioneer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore executive wagon
yeah i had the same problem, all you gotta do is replace the actuators, the lil motors which push n pull the locks on and off(theres one in each door). You can get em for like $40 for a full set of 4, installing is the hard part but fairly simple. This guy at holden said the actuators in most models stuff up, its like how the roof lining falls down after a while. You just gotta replace em!

VPioneer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore executive wagon
oh and the key thiny on the passenger door, i think you turn that off when you lose your imob remote, so you dont need it to start the car??

sparra_gump

VP DRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive 3.8 sedan
Okay this is what happens, the rear right door works when it wants to usually when i fiddle with the wires, the rear left will unlock fine but has extreme problems locking it does sometimes but more often then not it wont do it, almost like something is stopping it but there isnt.

SG