Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

94 VR S2 S-pac Ute

YEATSY

Get Uted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
I've lived in Mt Isa all my life, it can't be any worse weather than here. Hot everyday of the year. Only a little chilly winds in winter.

Yeah fk that lol

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
IMG_0703_zps8cba6e3a.jpg

Tinted w/clear coat clear lens tail lights and tinted side indicators
OR
Tri-colour lens stock tail lights with clear lens indicators?

I have the stock tri-colour lights with clear indicators on at the moment, but what do you guys honestly prefer? Both tail light combos are ADR 49/00 and QLD Department of Transport approved.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Took some photos in the work car park today.

Looks ok with the stock tail lights and clear indicators.

IMG_0707_zps2563b9cd.jpg

IMG_0706_zpsdd59c304.jpg

IMG_0705_zps76f67e3d.jpg

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
nice work man.

Im also running the poly airbags in the rear of my ute with ultra lows. I was looking into the hurts short shifter but didnt want to take the risk with the unknown brand so went with the GM billet ripshifter. I did purchase the hurst chrome shifter tho. One of the best things ive done for sure. His work is amazing. Feels alot more solid when shifting then the standard bent shifter.

keep it up man, ute is looking sweet.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update

It's only a Wednesday and already I'm over this week!

Not much happening at the moment, been at Rebuild Mobile Fleet Workshop for two weeks now. Sh*t arse of a roster, 5 on 2 off, 50-70hr weeks depending on work loads and call ins. Got my 3rd and 4th year TAFE block next week for 6-7 weeks. Loads more time to tinker and fine tune the ute! I'm excited! Have heaps of work planned!

Anyway, quick release hub adapter arrived today. 5 minute install time and looks the part too. Just awaiting my new MOMO deep dish steering wheel and Hurst T5 short shift kit (will maybe arrive by Friday).

Going to install the 3.45:1 gear set, LSD center and pinion bearing kit this weekend, really excited to see how it turns out.

Also installed the speedometer cog kit in the dash cluster, but now I have no speedo! Bummer! I have to check for continuity along the copper track of the cluster and the speedometer circuit board. My instinct being that a copper track has separated.

I'll keep you readers and viewers up to speed with photos soon, just don't have much time to myself lately.

'Till next time!

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
New steering wheel arrived today! Got it dirt, dirt cheap. Some of you may or may not like it, but whatever, the world still goes round and round just like a steering wheel.

IMG_0720_zpsdfb496a0.jpg

IMG_0721_zpsa1e9166a.jpg

IMG_0722_zpsa26f6634.jpg

Only part I'm waiting on now is the Hurst T5 short shift kit. But the ute is off the road from Saturday morning until further notice.

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange Gen3, VF Calais V Wagon, VY Calais L67
Lets have a look at that dash this weekend Ballbagz.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well dash cluster was pulled out again today to help my mate Allan ^ complete his auto electrical instrument competency. The reason the speedometer wasn't working after the odometer cog replacement was that a copper track had been deleted on Connector 2. Number 10 - Pulse Ground being the culprit.

I'll attempt the repair tonight or tomorrow, only bummer is winding the odometer another 1,500kms forward to make it correct.

Axle repairs to be started tomorrow, so will hopefully be completed in the day.

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange Gen3, VF Calais V Wagon, VY Calais L67
Baha, thats right, people never check the earth on a circuit.