Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] 97 VT [V6] - Turbo Requirements?

FlatOut 710

Yeah nah mate
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Commodore S Pac
Alright, after asking around what would bring a serious power gain for the Ecotec, and by the looks of it, would be the trusty metal snail lol, I was just wondering if anyone could share their thoughts on how I should go about, I'm a bit of noob when it comes to forced induction on these V6s... Or in general, feel free to list the parts you think would work best with this and what I should keep in mind when doing this, I only say this because I hope to do this myself, just to save on labour costs.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
What's your budget?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If you're okay with DIY, a kit from Tonyz Garage (Facebook) is $2.5k. You'll need another $1.5k for fuelling and tune.

FlatOut 710

Yeah nah mate
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Commodore S Pac
If you're okay with DIY, a kit from Tonyz Garage (Facebook) is $2.5k. You'll need another $1.5k for fuelling and tune.
Oh yeah, That's actually quite good, quick question though, may be a dumb one lol, but does he send his kits to people who are outta state? [WA]

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Those look like nice kits.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The other one to consider is Boost obsession, he does good manifolds too but you would need to piece together the rest of the kit yourself.