Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

98 Octane Fuel Shortage

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Is anyone else having trouble getting 98 Octane fuel ? I went to nearby Mobil (my first preference in fuel) station only to find they didn't have any. Then went to the next Mobil station down the road and they said they haven't had any for about 2 weeks. :mad: So I then went to BP, and the same thing. Shell Optimax and Extreme is still unavailable in SA, except in Mt Gambier and Naracoorte ( half between Adelaide and Melbourne ). So I had to settle for Caltex's Vortex and now after checking their website I might have only put in Vortex 95 octane in, instead of the 98. :ranting: Is this just a problem in SA or is this occurring elsewhere.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
In Vic we had a problem with 95 Octane petrol. There was a refinery shortage apparently..

Now we're having similar problems with 98 RON petrol, but not a complete shortage.. It's still available..

Funniest thing though.. This guy with a nearly new E430 Merc fills up regularly and pays with his Platinum card.. When we had the 95RON shortage he filled up and asked me if normal unleaded would do anything to his car.. I said it probably wouldn't, but it'd be best to get an addditive and asked him why he filled up here when he could get Premium somewhere else..

The guy said he filled up here cuz he had the 4 cent discount.. He risked his car for saving 60 cents.. (He only filled up with 15litres) Ridiculous..

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i've seen bp randomly be out of their higher octane stuff but my commie is still a stocker so i just chuck in normal unleaded.

strange i thought it was just my local BP falling behind on a shipment of fuel.
on the bright side at least it has come down in price a little.