Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

98 VS Commodore

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We are talking about these, when you do a search for VS you get this,
iu

But if you look at VT-VZ onward you get this,
iu

(yes I am aware the OP wants no ABS). Now I have a sneaking suspicion the later 4 hole VT-VZ units will probably bolt on the earlier VR/VS hubs but not 100% sure without doing some measuring (and would only apply to non ABS as it looks like the plugs are different). Also note the 4th hole isn't threaded.

The question becomes what is the 98 VS ute fitted with as there were a lot of VT parts used in the series 3 utes. Visual check is the only certain way.

edit: random interweb pics used.

Last edited:

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
The ABS hubs don't fit the non-ABS front end (unless you grind off the electrical connector). They are a PITA to replace, because one of the bolts is barely accessible. You turn allen key 60 degrees, pull it out, jiggle back in, turn another 60 degrees.....

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Vs commodore series 2 V6
I would suggest jacking up the ute, taking off the wheel and having a good look to confirm exactly what you have and then order the correct part.

I wasn't aware there were 2 different parts available.
Yes I climbed under the Ute didn't take the wheel off cld see behind no probs n it a 3 bolt that I need I felt with my hand n only felt 3 bolts n saw 3 bolts but yes that was my prob didn't no if I needed a 3 bolt or a 4 bolt but it a 3 bolt that I need thanx u so much for Ur help is much appreciated cheers

Reactions: Lex
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Vs commodore series 2 V6
Yes I climbed under the Ute didn't take the wheel off cld see behind no probs n it a 3 bolt that I need I felt with my hand n only felt 3 bolts n saw 3 bolts but yes that was my prob didn't no if I needed a 3 bolt or a 4 bolt but it a 3 bolt that I need thanx u so much for Ur help is much appreciated cheers
Also my Vs commodore is a series 2 not a series 3